Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

warranty repairs.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
(was just wondering if anyone else out there has complained bout the plastic windsreen wiper leaf gaurd lifting up from windscreen???)

if your refering to the windscreen plenum around the wipers then yes it is a problem. it has a buckle along the windscreen edge drivers side.every single ser 1 ve ive looked at has this defect right from new. water runs down under it and lands on the engine and all nearby electrics. im getting mine replaced with a ser 2 plenum as its fixed with those. i posted a thread on this prob a little while back and got bugger all response. i guess folks arent too concerned about dirty windscreen water corroding the rocker cover (6lt) or possibly shorting out something.

THANKS! :spot on:

I didnt see your original post mentioning this problem, but after reading your post here I went outside to check.... and sure enough pouring water down the windscreen it bloody goes into engine bay!!
Did they give you any grief to get it fixed?
I'm two years into my warranty (so still have a year to go). What's the best way to argue the point across?
Thanks again for mentioning!

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
My windscreen plenum has a massive gap that I can actually fit my whole finger between the glass and the plenum. Went to Doncaster Holden today to get it repaired and they refuse to do anything about it. They say it's a common problem and there is no fix for it. Not happy!

no fix??
bullcrap.
if my car wasnt under warranty, i'd be sealing it myself.
they better fix mine or i wont be a happy camper.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
mine was lifting and i just pushed the whole lot down and it seemed to clip in and now it sits hard on the window

chad1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ute manual
mine was lifting and i just pushed the whole lot down and it seemed to clip in and now it sits hard on the window
i tried pushing mine back down but it does not help. :-(

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
THANKS! :spot on:

I didnt see your original post mentioning this problem, but after reading your post here I went outside to check.... and sure enough pouring water down the windscreen it bloody goes into engine bay!!
Did they give you any grief to get it fixed?
I'm two years into my warranty (so still have a year to go). What's the best way to argue the point across?
Thanks again for mentioning!
no worries mate. as it turned out they replaced mine with the same bloody ser1 part and this ones just as rooted as the first one! Their "engineers" reckoned that a ser2 doesnt fit because the windscreen is different to a ser1! what a crock of ****!anyway I've ordered a ser2 version and have been waiting mths for it as they are supposedly in short supply.hexem (Phil) and I have both been arguing the point to them that they ( ser1-2) are the same windscreen. that and the Holden parts system was not recognizing the ser2 part no. It kept referring back to the ser1 part when the parts guys typed it in. But it has since been rectified. so I'm afraid that no I haven't fixed mine properly yet either. I'll just have to keep at them I suppose. If anyone else has better luck than myself or Phil please let us know

Last edited:

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
Just to clarify. difference between a ser1 and ser2, the ser2 has a male/female v- join that runs along the very edge of the screen under the plenum. That's why yours fits snugly vicarious as you have simply pushed it back into place. The ser1 as we all know does not have this feature so water just runs under the plenum straight down in to the engine bay. That is the only physical difference I can see between them so apart from maybe a few clips being located differently they are the same bloody part!! phil even has the passenger side fitted already.the drivers side section is the part thats in short supply apparently

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
In the same boat as you guys. I've had mine replaced with another series 1 part which is just as bad but was fed the info that warranty repairs had to be swapped like for like - so why I have an updated clutch in my car now, replaced under warranty, I am not sure! :hmmm: