Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

warranty repairs.

HSV_212

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 VE calais
hey there, my calais is goin in today to get a new windscreen put in, due to rear demister not working (peeled off).
was just wondering if anyone else out there has complained bout the plastic windsreen wiper leaf gaurd lifting up from windscreen???
whats the point of it being there... isnt it to stop leafs from getting into the fan for climate control.?

also what about front passanger floor mat clip is broken... anyone scored a newie out of ne car warranty??

thanks in advance.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Never had any of those problems on any of the 3 VE's I've had.

Reaper

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
(was just wondering if anyone else out there has complained bout the plastic windsreen wiper leaf gaurd lifting up from windscreen???)

if your refering to the windscreen plenum around the wipers then yes it is a problem. it has a buckle along the windscreen edge drivers side.every single ser 1 ve ive looked at has this defect right from new. water runs down under it and lands on the engine and all nearby electrics. im getting mine replaced with a ser 2 plenum as its fixed with those. i posted a thread on this prob a little while back and got bugger all response. i guess folks arent too concerned about dirty windscreen water corroding the rocker cover (6lt) or possibly shorting out something.

HSV_212

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 VE calais
yea the plenum cover gives me the $h!ts it is completly useless!!!
yea thats how i broke my passenger mat clip...
bloody shitty plastic they use thesedays

Haluigi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ssv g8 ute
Bladerunner, is it a very common problem with the plenum or sort of like the vcm otr case where some were defected and others weren't?

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
it seems to be a design fault from what I've observed. only on the drivers side and in the same spot along the edge of the plenum. if you look you will see a slight buckle there which let's in the water. I took mine along with a bottle of water and showed the dealer service manager what's happening and he agreed it is a problem and will be changing it over for me. I first noticed it when I saw that the rocker cover in that spot was corroding( I leave the engine cover off) then a bloke on ls1.com posted a thread about the same problem

HSV_212

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 VE calais
well mine has actually cracked... trying to tell them that it could be from warping and buckleing.... fingers crossed.they fix it for me.. ill be mega pissed..

ive had this whistleing noise comin from the drivers door.. and that has been pissin me off.. taking it in there for a third time in a row! woop woop... NOT HAPPY!

piston_broke

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv ute , Range Rover Vogue
it seems to be a design fault from what I've observed. only on the drivers side and in the same spot along the edge of the plenum. if you look you will see a slight buckle there which let's in the water. I took mine along with a bottle of water and showed the dealer service manager what's happening and he agreed it is a problem and will be changing it over for me. I first noticed it when I saw that the rocker cover in that spot was corroding( I leave the engine cover off) then a bloke on ls1.com posted a thread about the same problem
Just had a look at mine, and it's exactly as you described, i never even noticed it before, and mine hardly ever sits in the sun.
So i'll be mentioning it to the dealer when i go in as soon as i can get in there now for my third ABS warning coming up today.
I think it's different this time as to before, as i felt the pedal give a bit as i was reversing out of a parking bay, and then 100 mtrs up the road, the alarm comes on, although everything seems in order, so yea, another warranty job, and hopefully i might be able to get that plenum thing sorted out while i'm at it.

chad1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ute manual
My windscreen plenum has a massive gap that I can actually fit my whole finger between the glass and the plenum. Went to Doncaster Holden today to get it repaired and they refuse to do anything about it. They say it's a common problem and there is no fix for it. Not happy!