Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Warranty

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by oswald900, Apr 24, 2010.

1. oswald900

oswald900 New Member

Found a nice VE we like and there is a leak in the 2 hoses going to the heater

The guy told me that it would be covered under Holden Warranty

Does anyone know if this is true

Thanks

2. jasonsv6

jasonsv6 New Member

Members Ride:
    2010 SR POS
    this is a knowen common fault and should have no drama under warranty

3. oswald900

oswald900 New Member

If this is a known common fault does this happen regularly or is it just out the factory a problem

4. Rusty

Rusty ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶

Members Ride:
    Vt with VU/VZ bits
    The guy? havent dealt with him yet.. The Man should know, never trust the guy

5. oswald900

oswald900 New Member

The person at the car yard said it

But how many used car sale people can you really trust ?

6. faroogoo

faroogoo SENTINEL

Members Ride:
    GMH
    Covered under warranty...Why dont they replace it now anyway?

7. oswald900

oswald900 New Member

I havnt brought the car yet ang they are not a Holden Dealer and it still has Factory Warranty on it

8. Sean880

Sean880 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
    If it's covered by warranty then all the car yard needed to do was take it to a Holden dealer and have it fixed as the current owners. So why did they not do this?

Any car dealer worth their salt would have problems fixed before presenting a car for sale or at the very least least have it fixed after the issue was pointed out by a potential buyer.

So what other faults are there with the car? I would be giving that car yard a big miss if that is their attitude.

9. oswald900

oswald900 New Member

Dont know why they didnt get it fixed but i found it and pointed it out to them then thats when they said it should be covered under New Car Warranty

10. boneart

boneart Member

Members Ride:
    VFII SS-V Redline
    Love it when car dealers use the "should" word with such conviction.

Had the same problem, local Holden dealer had it fixed under warrantee.
    Easy to sort, the current car dealer owns the car so they can take it to Holden and get it done. It won't cost them a cent.

Make having it fixed (By Holden not by the car dealer) a condition of purchase and make sure you get the worksheet from the Holden warrantee repair so you know its done.

11. oswald900

oswald900 New Member

Think you are right there Boneart

Thats all we could find wrong with the car so it would be a pity not to gett it because of that

12. MovieDude

MovieDude New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS (A)
    +1. Dealers are not obliged to fix anything even if it is under warranty. Case in point my fuel filler cap seemed to loosen up each time I closed the filler cap door (rather like the fridge light going off when you close it - or does it?). Took it in to Westpoint Autos, Brisbane and then Youngs, Perth and neither would acknowledge a problem. Took it in to Brian Gardner, Perth and they found it to be loose and replaced it under warranty. Now I shudder to think of all those months that I've been driving with a loose fuel filler cap and how much fuel I've lost through evaporation.

13. Dazzak75

Dazzak75 The HULK

Members Ride:
    VE SS Ute
    Like Boneart said, make sure you get a worksheet from holden, cause when they do fix the issue under warrantee, they also log it in the computer so that if anything else happens that this problem could have created, it will be covered also.

14. rbrash10

rbrash10 New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Omega
    Isn't there a statutory warranty from the dealer to replace it anyways, even if it isn't a Holden Dealership?

15. boneart

boneart Member

Members Ride:
    VFII SS-V Redline
    The so called statutory warranty is not worth the paper it isn't written on when it comes to second hand car dealers.
    In reality unless an unknown or undeclared fault makes the vehicle "not fit for purpose when sold" then there is very little you can do once you have taken it off the yard.

In this particular case the customer knows of the fault so should the customer then still go ahead with the purchase they have accepted the vehicle in that condition and there is no liability on the part of the dealer in relation to that fault. As long as it meets the local safety/fitness regulations then it is a valid sale.

The dealer stated that the repair "should" be covered under the manufacturers warrantee, he did not say it "would be" so again he has an out if it was not covered. Remember these guys are very slick and know exactly what to say to avoid liability.

The only time you have any hold over the second hand dealer is before you hand over your cash.
    As the purchaser you have the right to make anything you want a "condition of sale", it is then up to the dealer to accept or decline those conditions, he is not obliged to accept the customers terms and can either turn away the sale, come back with a counter offer or accept the terms.
    As this won't cost him any more than a bit of time taking the car into the Holden dealership I can't see that he would refuse that as a condition of sale.

As you can see I have little if any respect for second hand car dealers, that comes from 10 years of working for the Automobile Association and seeing what they get up to first hand.