Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wat a cop out

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Opel (VE) Omega

This is wat was written in NineMSN bout the VE commo,

"The Executive and Acclaim model Commodores have been replaced with the newly branded Omega, to be released on Monday."

The thing is a n Opel Omega anyway!!!! The commodore from day 1 always has been modeled on the Omega. Its as if they want to save half a cent on changing badges......

Now bring on all the criticsm about my post!!!!!!

This pic dates back to 2005

VERSUS

Last edited:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i like that caprice

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Bumped to make sure people see this!

Scottie_116

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Holden has designed the whole car from the ground up haven't they?
I know wat your saying about the omega though. But i also thought that they only borrowed the design and modified it for the VN and VT models. before the VN holden was designing the body from scratch.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
vb thru to vx and i think to vz were all based on a opel platform, just made bigger in some cases and stronger to handle austrlian roads. and made to look a bit different

the only similarities with that pic i can see are the handles, which a lot of cars have similar anyway, the rear flares, sort of the front flares and possibly the shape opf the grille if u change it heaps.

lets wait til we can see pics of the chassis, then compare that to a opel omega.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
oh, and why is this in the vr-vs section? should be in ve section should it not?

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
Is it me or are the statesmans getting uglier?

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
hakhawk said:
oh, and why is this in the vr-vs section? should be in ve section should it not?

True, we are the VR-VS group, who cares about the VE:w00t:

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
That pic was taken in 2005. So im sure there have been some changes. I will put my nuts on the chopping block and bet u all that Opel came up with the design as always and because Holden is a part of GM they put in there 2 cents worth and called it Australias own car.......... wank wank!!!

The reason i posted this here was just to make a point that Opel/Vaxhaul/Isuzu have been responsible for basically every single car Holden has ever brought out.

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
Slow VR said:
That pic was taken in 2005. So im sure there have been some changes. I will put my nuts on the chopping block and bet u all that Opel came up with the design as always and because Holden is a part of GM they put in there 2 cents worth and called it Australias own car.......... wank wank!!!

The reason i posted this here was just to make a point that Opel/Vaxhaul/Isuzu have been responsible for basically every single car Holden has ever brought out.

oh and i guess nissan is too? after all, they, like isuzu, provided a power plant for a holden car.

you don't like it then don't drive it. piss off and have a whinge in some other forum.................