Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wat ehaust do you rekon

what exhaust

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Considering the stock exhaust is a single 2.25":
single 2.5" is 23% larger - this combined with mandrel bends and better flowing mufflers will be a solid gain. Get this.
twin 2.25" is 100% larger - this is unnecessary.
twin 2.5" is 147% larger - this is just stupid.

There's a difference in how a twin system works to a single.
Yes, they use a X-pipe to allow scavenging between the banks which in theory should improve performance. Running a smaller diameter pipe increases the exhaust velocity which also improves scavenging funnily enough. A Twin system might be an advantage if it were smaller (1.75"?) but it's a waste of money getting that custom made when you can get a cheap as single 2.5" and get a similar gain and still have acceptable noise levels.

The other thing is that twin systems tend to sound **** on V6s.

Last edited:

impulsed_sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
ok guys rang a local exhaust shop and they said single 2.5 way to go because it generate needed heat with will prevent the build of of condensation and stop it rusing it out and cracking wich make sense to me he quited me 490 for teh cat back

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
/snip/
The other thing is that twin systems tend to sound **** on V6s.

I've got a twin 2-1/4" system on my VY ecotec (sure different motor but, meh. Exhaust off an 'SS' with the rear resi swapped out for 2-1/2" pipes).

That, IMO sounds a hellova lot better than 99% of the available 2-1/2" catback systems out there.

Had a redback cat back that sounded woeful, tinny, computerised and droney to the max. On my previous car, VT.

impulsed_sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
ok guys jsut wonderoing how loud will the twin 2.5 twin 2.25 and single 2.5 be compared to each other i want somting with a good mount of noise but not overly to loud that it will wake the whole neibohood up jsut my street maybe lol

impulsed_sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
why is it so hard to chose an exhaust grr and with the muffles get intermediate and rear or jsut intermediate