Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Watch out for 4WD's!!!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
1vngal said:
Honestly though, who in their right mind would take a $50,000 (for example) 4WD out the bush??? It's stupid....And because of that, they end up in suburban areas, where they definately don't belong.

And those that do want a 4WD, for out the bush, go and buy just a cheap second hand one.

I know plenty of peopel who take out their 90k landrovers into the bush...im sure they would scoff at buyign a second handy.

4wd's arent the problem, the owners with their inferioty complex are the problem

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
but i know of plenty of people who dont. i dont have a problem with 4wd's buti do have a problem with the sort of people that minux is talking about driving them

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
hey, i mean kill-9. You are minux, right?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i reckon my 1985 toyota hilux would last longer out in the bush than any of these new 4x4s. new 4x4s are for mums to use so that they have plenty of room for the groceries

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
stocky said:
i reckon my 1985 toyota hilux would last longer out in the bush than any of these new 4x4s. new 4x4s are for mums to use so that they have plenty of room for the groceries

i like to call it " Suburbanised "

modern 4x4's havent got ground clearence reliability, simplicity or character

drove a new model V8 landcruiser a while back, was ok to sit in but WAAAY too high. but damn the thing could move. what scared me was the poor brakes and lack of feedback from the steering wheel. just felt weird. like i was riding in it, not driving it.

Streetvision

Scar-Non
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VP Commodore
Patrio7 said:
drove a new model V8 landcruiser a while back, was ok to sit in but WAAAY too high. but damn the thing could move. what scared me was the poor brakes and lack of feedback from the steering wheel. just felt weird. like i was riding in it, not driving it.

That's a scary thought.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
semi said:
hey, i mean kill-9. You are minux, right?

Yep :)

I think you are confusing cars such as the Territory etc as 4wd's, these things are just RWD and sometimes AWD but in no means are 4wd. They are just huge space wasters.

We went out to the anglesea complex in a new subaru outback, that thing did a bloody great job for what it is :)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
kill -9 said:
Yep :)

I think you are confusing cars such as the Territory etc as 4wd's, these things are just RWD and sometimes AWD but in no means are 4wd. They are just huge space wasters.

We went out to the anglesea complex in a new subaru outback, that thing did a bloody great job for what it is :)

yeah i probably am. i agree about the subaru though. ive driven a 2003 outback off road and it goes well, my parents are looking at getting the 2006 forester at the moment.

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
OK people. Time to put this into context.

The car involved was a toyota kluger. I'm pretty sure it is based on the camry floorpan and is smaller than a commodore wagon. It is more of a softroader than a serious offroad vehicle. Dad has been looking at a new car, and has been looking at the Kluger or the Subaru Outback.

Landcruisers and Range Rovers have been mentioned. They are nothing like the Kluger. They are bigger, higher and heavier.

I'm pretty certain that if the woman involved had been driving a commodore wagon, she probably would have hit even worse and done more damage. Would you have made a thread saying "Watch out for commodore drivers"?