Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Watchmen 2019 HBO series

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I'm well behind on this, but finally watched this series over the last few weeks.

It's a great series, creative episodes, magnificently shot and with a cracking score.
It weaves really well into the original comic, but tells its own story. I'm not sure you'd enjoy it that much without some background knowledge though.

Well worth a watch if you have the time, and are familiar with the comic.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
mm it was ok, parts of it rubbed me the wrong way and I'm a big fan of series creator Damon Lindelof too.

I'd take Zack Snyder's interpretation over this series any day of the week.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
mm it was ok, parts of it rubbed me the wrong way and I'm a big fan of series creator Damon Lindelof too.

I'd take Zack Snyder's interpretation over this series any day of the week.

Snyder movie was good, but is almost a shot for shot conversion of the comic. I need to get the extended cut one day, meant to be really good.

The series brought something new to think about.
It tackled a lot of hot potato issues though, and could easily seen to be very "woke"

H

harrop.senator

I thought the shows amazing apart from Mr inbetween and Pennyworth not many other shows have gripped me for awhile.

Do agree the movie was a dead adaptation of the graphic novel. Not that I mind I've read it more times then I can remember.