Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water beading

05 vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
not sure if I’m posting in the right spot but what’s a good sealant to use that beads for more that one rain fall I currently use meguiars nxt gen wax/sealant and the shine is great that lasts for a few weeks then starts to die off even though they say a good 6 months and the beading is good when first applied but as soon as forstbsign of rain or morning frost the beading shows up great but then from that time on no more beading is to be found maguires says relentless beading action but I don’t seem to get this and now they want me to but there fastvwax spray to add on top so just wondering what every one else uses and if it lasts as long as it should photos of it would be great I’ve attached a photo after first rain but I got no beading after that

Attachments

• C38E0AB7-7242-413D-88C2-37B8B66B4977.jpeg
    C38E0AB7-7242-413D-88C2-37B8B66B4977.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 313

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Check out my thread also about quartz nano protection I knew nothing of this until lately but at the moment cant comment on its effectivness but its at least got me interested. I use the same wax as you also awesome when you use but yeah it doesnt last long and its probably the best wax I have ever come accross I also clay bar my car before I apply it and only ever wash my car with orange citrus car wash with a ph of 7.

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
hi
i have used this product from Car Care for years and love it i clay bar also and you can do muliple layers if you want.
Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax
easy on /off and lasts 6months on my car easily. can highly recommend.
cheers

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
Is your shampoo stripping the NXT GEN Wax? I’ve been using it for 18 months and it’s been good. I re apply every 12 weeks though.

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Yeh the car wash strips it. Im lazy though hats off to you doing it every 12 weeks I really cant be stuffed. Once a year for me is about my max commitment

05 vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
Yeh I wash using Maguires wash and wax followed with the clay bar and then the nxt gen wax

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
I use a foam cannon, Meguairs gold class, once a fortnight. Clay Bar and Meguairs Deep Crystal Wet Look wax every 3 months. 18 Year old car and still looks like new. Water beads really well for the entire 3 months between waxes and the Meguairs gold class does not damage the wax coating. The wax probably will last more than 3 months, but the way a see it, a hour or so 4 times a year saves thousands on a new paint job.

20180529_123924s.jpg 20180529_123909s.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've just used Bowers cutting compound followed by Bowers carnuba wax. I have heard good things about it but time will tell how long it lasts. They have another lazy wax but not sure how it is applied but it does mean the wax on wax off wax only needs to be applied every six months.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON