Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water behind drivers seat VF Ute

Kimbomaree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ute
Hi all just wondering if anybody has had issues with severe water flooding behind the drivers seat. Carpet is saturated. There is no sign of water anywhere else in the car such as upholstery, inside of doors etc.
upload_2020-2-20_21-6-10.jpeg

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
maybe look at this recent thread and search around the forum in both ve and vf sections as it is a common issue.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
I know it's a different model but I had a VX with the same issue. Problem was the thick plastic behind the door trims had come away and when ever it rained the rear right foot well flooded. The rain was coming down the door glass into the door and coming out between the door trim and the door.

Have you had the door trims off recently?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
The VE's used to leak down under the dash, one of my Utes was parked outside in a storm one afternoon and I found near an inch of water in the driver's side footwell. The Dealer supposedly fixed the problem and replaced the carpet but there were still times in heavy rain when I'd feel water dripping on my feet..

I've had my VF2 Ute in twice to have the AC grommet problem fixed, I think they may have succeeded on the second try.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I had a warranty repair done on my ute about 2 years ago. It was the grommet for the wiring to the high mounted brake light. They used some special sealer on it that took a day or two to cure. They also replaced the entire head lining!
Of course the brake light housing now doesn't sit as firmly as it used to !??!

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I had a warranty repair done on my ute about 2 years ago. It was the grommet for the wiring to the high mounted brake light. They used some special sealer on it that took a day or two to cure. They also replaced the entire head lining!
Of course the brake light housing now doesn't sit as firmly as it used to !??!

I had the brake light sail plane on my Ute fixed as well or at least they call sealer a fix these days.

It flopped around and the dealer told me about this special sealer they use to repair them.

I wanted a new one but sealer is all I got and now it only moves around a little bit.

But it never leaked water that I was aware of.

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
Had the same sail plane issue with my Ute. Took them two goes to fix it and it's still not right. I'll get to it myself at some point.

Kimbomaree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ute
I know it's a different model but I had a VX with the same issue. Problem was the thick plastic behind the door trims had come away and when ever it rained the rear right foot well flooded. The rain was coming down the door glass into the door and coming out between the door trim and the door.

Have you had the door trims off recently?
No have not had the trims off. This is in the rear drivers behind the seat. With the severe rain it was that full of water the front foot well got damp

Pyrex

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute
No have not had the trims off. This is in the rear drivers behind the seat. With the severe rain it was that full of water the front foot well got damp
Had the same issue with my VE ute . I removed the tray liner and found the drain hole blocked.
I added some hose to help get rid of the water and corked up where it entered into the cab. I did it ages ago so I cant remember exactly , but once you get in there its straight forward. The way the water drains from behind the window through the body is pretty ordinary design

Kimbomaree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF ute
Had the same issue with my VE ute . I removed the tray liner and found the drain hole blocked.
I added some hose to help get rid of the water and corked up where it entered into the cab. I did it ages ago so I cant remember exactly , but once you get in there its straight forward. The way the water drains from behind the window through the body is pretty ordinary design
Thank you