Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water car check alternator

henstepper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore Executive s2
Came out from work and my car was sitting in water wheel high from heavg rain. Probably half way up the wheel so not that high i would have thought. Started the car lost power steering and check alternator light came on. I had the thing replaced a few months ago. Dont think water got undrr the bonnet. Should i wait to let it dry out to see what happens? A little water shouldnt cause loss of power stearing?

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
At about halfway up the wheel your harmonic balancer would have been sitting in water maybe the belt became loose/waterlogged and you are having slippage wait for it to dry out or change the belt if you have a spare one and see if that fixes the problem.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
open bonnet have a look, belt still on or come off??

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Came out from work and my car was sitting in water wheel high from heavg rain. Probably half way up the wheel so not that high i would have thought. Started the car lost power steering and check alternator light came on. I had the thing replaced a few months ago. Dont think water got undrr the bonnet. Should i wait to let it dry out to see what happens? A little water shouldnt cause loss of power stearing?
Half way up the wheel when you came out but how high before you came out.
Have you had water in the floor/boot ?? if so any water marks showing ??
Yu may have had more than you think.