Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water injection on blown 355 ???

bevzan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
anyone know anything about water injection, i have fitted a Snow maf system but unsure of jet size (there are 3 in the kit)
As i will only be running water (meth bad for blower rotors) i dont think i will need the 450hp nozzle,

ar5boosted

Reaction score
Website
www.ar5boosted
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Yes, I ran a Mitsubishi for a number of years with Water-Injection. Ok, not a Commodore.

Start off with the smallest nozzle.

You'd want your nozzle after the blower not going into the supercharger. Water doesn't compress well and will strain your blower mechanicals.

However, on your water tank, it will be beneficial to have pressurised air to backfill that, helping to force the water through. Otherwise it will get blown out of the tank.

Finally, warm water is better than cold.

Good luck.

bevzan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
the blower guy i bought it off, recommended using water only as meth rots the teflon rotors,
he said the water will help cool the blower in a big way and also good for lpg as it helps to cool the exhaust valve,
its a pos blower not a centrical so he said to mount if before throttle body.
I will start with the smallest jet and let tuner sought it out

Haltech 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim & HSV XU6 VT II
Hi Bevzan I have spoken with a water injection supplier before about fitting to the supercharged commodore v6 and he fitted it before the blower, he said the same thing it helps to cool the blower rotors he also said he gained a couple of extra psi boost from the extra sealing of the rotors caused by the water.
Who did you buy your water injection setup from as I am looking to buy one for my L67.