Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water keeps coming out of cap??

vn_r33_r6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
just bought my vn. had a leaky radiator so i replaced it with a manual one and put and trans cooler on. filled her all up and all seemed sweet untill i give her a long drive then when i stop all the water comes out of the tank. series 1 so it has the tank on the side. i dont know what is causing it. i cant really tell if my car is going over normal temp as the standard temp gauge is dead and it has an aftermarket one. gets around 110 degrees when start bubbling out

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
ide say the fan isnt coming on to keep it cool and when you turn it off the water boils making it overflow

vn_r33_r6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
the fan kicks in for like a second and thats it. not long enough to do anything

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
disconnect the fan and slap 12v directly to it. see if it spins up. if it doesn't, it could be the ECU or split wiring. my mates had split wiring and was holding on by 2 strands and wouldn't work.

George

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
YOU NEED A RADIATOR WITH AN INBUILT TRANS COOLER!!!

I can't emphasise enough how important it is to run your trans fluid through the water cooler before you run it through an external air cooler. :p