Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water leak in rear of cabin VZ SS ute

Koeck

ImpulseSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS ute M6
Yesterday i bought a VZ SS ute and today while cleaning it i noticed that behind the drivers seat at the rear of the cabin, under the carpet was soaked, just wondering if this same thing has happened to anyone else, or if any one might know where its coming from. PLEASE HELP!!

Cheers,
Dean

Koeck

ImpulseSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS ute M6
bump, sorry if this question has been asked before

bloody

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
VZ ute water leak

I just discovered that my VZ ute has a leak on the passenger side. The rear floor was wet. Gentech found a leak in the roof. It is leaking at the joint under the plastic strip. They checked for leaks around glass before they discovered the problem. A panel beater will reseal the joint. May need new roof lining and carpet. Big bucks to fix.

sha

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute 95
[VS UTE LEAKING WATER
I got no idea how to use this forum thing.. Its been flooding in parts on melbourne and my ute was out in most of it over the weekend...
I got home and found the carpet drenched behind the passenger seat and also in the footwell.
I cleaned out the drainage holes in the back tray (totally clogged) and after driving to work & back the following day , a puddle in the passenger footwell again...
Now if the heater core is leaking wouldn't it leak coolant (as I only use coolant in the raidiator)???
tryin to elimanate issues... Also cleaned out the front drainage holes near windscreen yesterday as they were full of crap too,... could that be where the water is storing and leaking through to inside????
if anyone can help, please??

damohelmet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
Ive had the same problem in my VY ute, there are three flaps behind your carpet in your back wall on the passenger side. i found the flaps were open a little bit allowing water to get into my car everytime i go through a puddle. but what i don't know is what those flaps actually are???

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
If it was also in the passengers footwell and you've been driving through a bit of H20 check the plates that cover the drain holes that are in your floorpan.
One may have lifted and is letting it in.

Another sneaky way it can get in is via the rocker panel if you washed the tray out and sprayed /stuck a hose down the drain holes.
There's a plastic flexible tube (like a vacuum cleaner hose) from the front drain holes in the tray that can become detached. If water gets inside the panel (quarter panel?) in front of the back wheels it heads straight to the footwells via the rocker panel..

adam_adina

Reaction score
Members Ride
adamdyer
i just bought a vz chevy grille and i want to know if it will fit a vz base?stock vz holden ute ?