Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water Leak Into the interior. Help !

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais International S/C
I'm seriously so tired of opening my VN everytime it rains to find water in the footwell and has moisture in the rear seats. I don't open it often cause it has just been sitting in the backyard waiting to be fixed up and recently I have been starting to fix it up and noticed this problem. I've replaced the door seals today, Will that do anything or where should I be looking?

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i read that often when you find water in the boot, the culprit is the seal in the window ahead of the c pillar. i guess this could also cause the moisture on the rear seat. there's a couple of instructional posts on sealing it up.

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
i read that often when you find water in the boot, the culprit is the seal in the window ahead of the c pillar. i guess this could also cause the moisture on the rear seat. there's a couple of instructional posts on sealing it up.

Thanks for that, I have the C pillars off at the moment so i'll give sealing them up a go.
Also, did you still want that bit of the seat?

ybl8te

Reaction score
Members Ride
calis vn v8
mine was leaking thru the quarter windows.....pull the back seat out, rear parcel tray and side plastic covers, undo the nuts holding in the windows - slide the outer cowling covers off and you will see there will be no seal around them,,,,i just used window black mastic in a tube for the corking gun.

seal up and let set, then pour water over them to check you havnt missed any spots....

lachie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp commodore 3.8ltr v6
bit of a thread dig but does anyone know where to buy the door seals and the boot seals?
my car is like a siv

VGDAVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VG UTE
bit of a thread dig but does anyone know where to buy the door seals and the boot seals?
my car is like a siv
wrekcers wbout $33 each ot rare spares for $77 each brand new i just had to do it for my ute picked up some good second hand ones

DAVIDC

Reaction score
Members Ride
my car is like a siv

Yeah any wreckers would sell you a set really. If you're in south east melbourne, try East comm wreckers, they usually have everything.