Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water Leak on D/S floor

emtozer

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SS
Hey
I own a VN and I've been trying to chase a water leak that's coming through just above my foot rest on the D/S, only happens if it's raining or i'm using the gurney.
I don't have any heating or A/C, so that rules out heater core.
I've also blocked the Heater Core piping with silicone so there's no chance of it leaking through there, I've sealed it up to the red circle
I really don't want to pull my dash out unless I absolutely have to (also any tips will be mint if i have to do it), has anyone else has this issue??
I scooped out over 1L of water with the last down pour of rain..

No one on a couple facebook pages i posted in was helpful at all so i'm turning to the trusty ol Just Commodores forum in hopes that someone can help me on here
94332372_3160160634014310_799717898288365568_n.jpg

85097315_10215944681785777_3941083908027711488_o.jpg

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Did you check the external seal on your windscreen - particularly the bottom part? Might need some silicone to repair.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Is the drain in the firewall , below the windscreen at the back of the engine bay clear? The liquid in your photo doesn't look like coolant.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Is the drain in the firewall , below the windscreen at the back of the engine bay clear? The liquid in your photo doesn't look like coolant.
Are these the drains at the ends of the plenum cover near the bonnet hinges or is there another drain that I don't yet know about?

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Are these the drains at the ends of the plenum cover near the bonnet hinges or is there another drain that I don't yet know about?
They were the drains I was thinking of.

emtozer

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SS
I have checked the drains and they are fine from the looks of it

I will get the windscreen taken out and checked to see for any issues with that. I’m hoping I don’t have to take the dash out to resolve it

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I have checked the drains and they are fine from the looks of it

I will get the windscreen taken out and checked to see for any issues with that. I’m hoping I don’t have to take the dash out to resolve it
You might find it's no extra cost to buy a new windscreen as opposed to carefully removing and reinstalling the old screen.
I'd certainly have a real good look around behind the dash for leaks before I removed it. I got one of these things from Aldi years ago for $60 for jobs like this.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...u/aldi/pJMp/&usg=AOvVaw3hN8AGZJlTPEBb6oSPZcjh

91SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VNSS 1991
Are you a 100% sure the water isn't getting in from door seal. What I found is water runs inside diagonal part of door seal and enters cabin near kick panels. Mask door to rule it out before you proceed.

emtozer

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SS
Are you a 100% sure the water isn't getting in from door seal. What I found is water runs inside diagonal part of door seal and enters cabin near kick panels. Mask door to rule it out before you proceed.

It’s from above the foot rest, I sat down and watched it come in from that spot when we done a water test