Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water leaking in cabin!!

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
So I notice a bad smell n thought it was just a sweat towel from gym or something n cleaned out my car. It's a ve v v6, anyways I was in the back and the left side rear floor is drenched. Absolutely soaked. Pulled the carpet and there was a puddle that was huge.... Tried to clean it as best I could and used glen 20 carpet shampoo for odour killer. And then a strawberry carpet cleaner for a nice scent... Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem.? I don't have a leaking windscreen or have had any windscreen replacements.. The whole left side of the passenger side is wet but the rear passenger foot well is soaked.... My only thought is that there was a gromit in the fire wall that was missing on the passenge side and it's always been missing and it's just built up over time?? Or could it be a drain pipe for the rear ac blocked or something??

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Do you have any coolant left?

Could be your heater pipes,especially given the smell resembling a gym towel.

Edit: just reread your post. Was the car facing up hill, so it ran to the back?

ve-clubsport-511

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Clubsport R8
Yeh kizza i have had this problem. Iv got an ve clubby and have had this problem twice. both times was pouring rain for hours. I didnt find where it come from though. Just cleaned it like you said. What year is your sv6??

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Definantly not coolant.... Level is fine.... And also 2007 I's the year.... Theres a gromet on the passenger foot well that Is directly under the drain under the windscreen... Mine was missing so I hope it was that

RYANVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
funny that, my car had the same problem about 2 weeks ago after a night of continuos rain, i thought that i must have left the rear left window down a crack, but the door trim and seat was still dry. would be interesting to find out where it is coming from

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
The air box thing in the dash had a common issue where the drainage pipe would crack and leak water (condensation) onto the front left foot well which would seep to the rear left foot well. My carpet stunk until I worked this out :(

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
How did u fix this lol

mmcalaisv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
My 07 Calais V has a very similar problem. Water only gets in when driving in heavy rain, mostly all on the passenger side.
Have spoken to Holden about the problem and they said that it is common in the early VE's, as some of the seams on the underside of the car were not sealed correctly.
I will be booking mine in for an inspection with my local dealer in the next few weeks, as they have said that even though mine is no longer covered by warranty that many of the cars showing this problem are still getting fixed under warranty as the problem is so wide spread.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
How did u fix this lol
I could see the crack so lots of Sikaflex was smeared around the crack and I left the side of the dash apart for a couple of weeks so I could check for any further leaks each day.

Rev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Wagon Manual
Also check the Air intake of the A/C system as it can easily flood and block up with leaves. if it is remove the drainage pipe and drill out holes in the tray to prevent this again. Common Problem too