Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water leaking in cabin!!

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by kizza50, Dec 2, 2011.

1. chuck may

chuck may New Member

Members Ride:
    ve.v 2008 calia
    my sports sagon 2008 has the same problem can some one help me, our holden dealer at Tuggerah wants $160 just to look at it,

2. Darrylmc

Darrylmc Member

Members Ride:
    1997 VS Commodore S2
    Late reply..i had the same issue with my sons VE Omega...passenger left side front and back drenched.
    After i removed the cowel i had a look in the cabin filter box, it was 1/4 full of water and i could see it slowly leaking in through the filter and also the front carpet above footwell was wet.

I removed the drain hose and discovered that it was blocked and also the drainage hole was as well, so i popped a screwdriver through the drainage hole and cleared it, blew out the blockage in the hose and put some sikaflex over the grommet in firewall just in case.
    Also where the cowel meets the body there is a seal between them, this was leaking into the cabin filter box so i sikaflexed that as well.

Just waiting for the silicone to dry and i will test with hose and let you know.

3. Dayvo

Dayvo Because i can

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Series 2
  4. Nathan.H

Nathan.H New Member

Members Ride:
    2010 Omega
    I had a long term leaking issue on my 2010 Omega. During any decent rain it would leak into the front passenger footwell which would become saturates and when car was parked uphill, it would flow under the carpet and saturate the rear passenger side footwell.

I pulled the passenger side component of the cowel off and found a missing gromet in the wall of the drain coming off the windscreen. The whole lead straight into the passenger footwell so I placed a gromet (and some Sikaflex for good measure) and thought the problem would be solved.

Next time it rained heavily the passenger footwell became saturated again.. I pulled the wipers and the entire cowel off to get a good look. I found that where the aircon intake plastics were attached to the firewall, it was loose and the seal at the top had a 1-2mm gap along its whole length. The water would leak behind the plastics and through the aircons while in the firewall. I smothered the top and as far around the sides as I could with Sikaflex and the problem is solved!

In the photo below you can see the gromet I replaced in the bottom right, and the line of white Sikaflex above the aircon air intake.
    Screenshot_20180804-093436_Photos.jpg

5. Dayvo

Dayvo Because i can

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Series 2
    Mine leaked in the same place . The seal between the cowl and the firewall seems to be a problem in the VE commodore .

6. Rawiri

Rawiri New Member

Members Ride:
    VR VT VY
    Hi there I am having a very similar issue with my VR SS. The passenger foot area seems to always be wet. I’ve made attempts to find where it’s comming but no luck. I have very little knowledge about this and I was wanting to know if someone here can help me.

7. wildfiremaint

wildfiremaint Active Member

Members Ride:
    VR SS , '96 Subaru Liberty
    Hi Rawiri. Apart from the blocked tray drain which I
    mentioned in the other post
    that you posted to, water can come in where the aircon pipe passes into the cab under the
    rain deflector/ cover at the base
    of the windscreen.
    The cover gets brittle and gets cracks around where wiper spindles go through.
    Thats not a problem in itself
    but directly below is where the
    AC pipe goes inside.
    The pipe is sealed around the edges with foam rubber.
    ( foam rubber waterproof ??? )
    I just sealed up the pipe with that super sticky foil backed mastic from Bunnings.
    Also the rain deflectors are super scarce. I made one good one from several broken ones,
    overlapped at the cracks and sikaflexed together.
    No rain got in during the flooding rain from Hewey last Wednesday

8. Rawiri

Rawiri New Member

Members Ride:
    VR VT VY
    I have checked that and was clogged up with leaves and stuff. But just to note I have been driving in dry conditions in the day and with the air con running. I really want to tackle this

9. Rawiri

Rawiri New Member

Members Ride:
    VR VT VY
    I cannot seem to post pictures can you give me a email address I can send to please

10. krusing

krusing Member

Members Ride:
    2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
    Check the Door Cable transfer boots between the hinges, they may be perished, and/or cracked, that will let water in.

11. Rawiri

Rawiri New Member

Members Ride:
    VR VT VY
    Just bare in mind that the car does get driven during the day and the foot well still gets wet