Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water leaking in!

GIMPY1

Bass Slappin Mag Designer
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN GENIII
hey guys!

just started raining in sunny ballarat and ive got water driping down from just above the accelerator! Any suggestions as to where i should start looking to plug it? Any help would be great as my car is filling up with water!

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
windsreen seal
get a air compressor with a triger thiing on it and get a mate to use it around on the inside of the glass and u stand and listen for air outside the car! hope it makes sense and helps

just park it inside till you fix it

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Just run a hose over the car around the area that the leak's coming from (drivers side) and you'll be able to see the water dripping in.

Places to check:

Windscreen
Mirrors
Door Membrane (the plastic sheet people usually rip out when installing fully sick speaker systems)

GIMPY1

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN GENIII
Think I found it! A crack in the rubber that sits at the bottom of the windscreen! Blutak has seemed to have fixed it for now! ;)

GIMPY1

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN GENIII
Turns out blu tak didn't fix the problem! Would a windscreen guy be able to fix this kind of thing for me? It's defininlty coming through there! Dripping just above the brake pedal now :S

GIMPY1

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN GENIII
Took it to obriens and for $80 they took the windscreen out and re-sealed it! problem solved ;)