Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water leaking into VE Commodore - 4 Fixes

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The other place can be from the seals around the door handles.
Yet another Holden fail :rolleyes:

A seal which doesn't seal should be called a ...

1652249683692.png

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yes every car has them but the VE seems to piss tonnes of water up against the plastic sheeting for some reason.

Every other car I’ve owned the plastic sheeting being torn or removed is a minor inconvenience when a few drops of water get in, on the VE it’s a disaster as it pours in.

Old weather strips aren’t to blame either as I replaced the weather strips on my SSV only 12 months ago.

One of my older cars, now long gone, had a lot of wind noise. After many years of this issue, i reached my limit and took a look as to what i may be. I took the door card off to have a look only to discover that the insurance repair of 6 years earlier didn't reinstall the plasitc door card barrier. So being a life time repair warranty, I made a claim re the poor non factory quality repare (along with a list of other things) and it was fixed... But the interesting thing is that no water ever leaked into the cabin via the door itself...

So Holden must havedesigned the VE (VF?) with no drip channel or anything to stop the water from running onto the inner skin or plastic barrier and simply relied on the butyl tape to form a seal... Well for many that resulted in a fail and thus wet carpets...

z900collector

Reaction score
Members Ride
99VT 99VSUTE
I've been looking for the same thing in my VT... it's been driving me nuts... when the rain stops here in Brisvegas I will attack this with vengence!

Thanks Heaps!

Sid