Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water Leaks Into Car When It Rains

Bush82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore
When it rains heavily water Leaks into the car and soaks the matt and floor. It also happens when I wash it. But its only the passenger front door??? Anyone know what mite cause this? Thanx

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
The drain tube that sits in front of the pollen filter (under the windscreen scuttle) is more than likely blocked

A little compressed air will certainly clear it

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Use the search function and you will find some info in the ve section that might be of some use to you. I had similar problem , mine was leaking between the firewall and cowl above the pollen filter .common problem with the ve .

Darrylmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V LY7 V6
As ChRiDDa said the hole in the pollen filter box will be blocked and the water enters through the pollen filter and into cabin as it is the only way for it to go.
Remove cowl below passenger windscreen above firewall, look inside box and you should see a tide mark and some water in bottom.
Remove drainage tube beneath hole and flush it out or what I did was poked a piece of wire through to unblock it. Then clean any leaves out and dirt with a rag then reassemble
, this happened on my sons VE Omega and I thought I had fixed it with cleaning the drain tube, the next heavy rain it leaked again. I did some searching on the Pontiac G8 forum and this is a common problem with the VE Commodore and Pontiac G8.It can leak between the top of the pollen filter box and firewall... I Just applied some Sikalfex along the seam and let it dry reassembled and it hasn't leaked since

So either one of these options should fix it

Attachments

• 3BB33CE7-510E-4ACE-A012-CF91BFDA176C.jpeg
    3BB33CE7-510E-4ACE-A012-CF91BFDA176C.jpeg
    577.9 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:

GMHinthefamily

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS utility
When it rains heavily water Leaks into the car and soaks the matt and floor. It also happens when I wash it. But its only the passenger front door??? Anyone know what mite cause this? Thanx

Just had the same problem with our VE Ute. Our problem was that enough dust accumulated inside the door and this turned to mud, blocking the door drain holes. The whole door filled up until the water then poured over the door sills into the floor. The issue is that there us a narrow rubber strip along the bottom of the door and this is compressed against the door panel when shut and blocks the drain holes. Very easy for dust to mud to then settle and block the drain holes. Used a large zip tie to unblock the drain holes. That's the easy part. Now using towels under the carpet to dry the carpet and under felt, this is the harder fix. To see the door drains you must lie on the floor with the door open. Then look up. Pull the rubber strip back away from the door panel, wipe the mud away and use the cable tie by pushing into the drain hole and jiggle it. You will be amazed at the amount of mud!
I checked the other water entries suggested in this forum and our problem was not any of those. It is my opinion that the door drains are overlooked because we are seeking a more complicated answer. Hope this explanation helps.