Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

water pump issue

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
hey i checked out my engine today and noticed ontop of the water pump around the seal seems to be like coolant puddle slight little 1 and i had a look and my rocket cover and noticed coolant was sprayed there is this to due of fail water pump ive also had water leaks but mainy on n off if there car isnt driven for 2 days it will leak ?? anyone can help i just wanna make sure its a water pump before i change it cheers :wax:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'm not real familiar with the bent 8 but if the coolant is above the level if the waterpump shaft then it may be coming from somewhere else. When a waterpump leaks they usually, or more correctly 'always' leak from the bleed hole situated under the shaft - this is designed to direct coolant away from the bearing. So if its above the pump it probably is coming from somewhere else.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Check the top hose where it clamps to the thermostat housing.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Check the top hose where it clamps to the thermostat housing.

yeap that was my first thought when i read your first post.. as NAAF said, top hose most likely

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
the top hose is brand new that goes into the thermostat my mechanic is having a look at it today cheers let u know how things went

Niggadore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Caprice V8. 1996 Proton satria.
My water pump has a slight wobble in it during idle, and has a bit of play when i move it side to side, yet it's brand new, is this normal?
I've gone through 3 ****ty supercheap water pumps in 2 years...

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No, they aren't supposed to move at all. A barely noticeable bit of play is OK, but it shouldn't wobble so you can see it. I used the Powermax (I think that's what it was) brand on mine, the one in the green box, only did one in 6 years.

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
hey guys got it checked out and my mechanic said it seems to be leaking from my temp sensor thats threaded into the manifold about the water pump housing...