Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water pump run-out

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
G'day,
Had the drive belt off the car yesterday. So I decided to check the various drive pulley's. All where fine apart from the water pump pulley. Pump shaft has movement horizontally and vertically a well as in and out. Pump is not leaking or making a noise. My questions are, should I replace it? Is it about to fail? Do the Alloytec pumps have this run-out from new? Car has 110k klms. Any advice much appreciated.
:driving:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
G'day,
Had the drive belt off the car yesterday. So I decided to check the various drive pulley's. All where fine apart from the water pump pulley. Pump shaft has movement horizontally and vertically a well as in and out. Pump is not leaking or making a noise. My questions are, should I replace it? Is it about to fail? Do the Alloytec pumps have this run-out from new? Car has 110k klms. Any advice much appreciated.
:driving:

mine started leaking, at about 80,00km turned out it was only the casting plug but anyway it had a lil play in the shaft, installed the new one, it had more play in it then my old one, so went back to holden showed them, then we went around and checked similar cars and they where the same,

so im guessing its something in the design of them,

just keep an eye on it