Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

water pump

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
Hey guys just wanted to know if anyone has bought a water pump of ebay ,what price would be ok to pay ?are they any good ? Holden Commodore V6 Water Pump VN-VP-VR-VS-VT-VU-VX-VY this is one i was looking at and do i need any extra parts to fit this pump or is that complete?any info would help thanks:thumbsup:

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
personally id just go to repco or aussie auto at least you can take it back if you have a problem

well if your drive belt is looking a bit worn you may as well change that while you have the old one off , itll save doing it at a later date , dont forget to make a mud map of the belt position

also have a look at this post , you have to remove a little pulley down bottom right hand side to get a bolt out , theres a pic
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...e-1997-2002/95208-water-pump-replacement.html

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
they are about $45 from Supa cheap for a powermax one, or bout $90 ithink for a GMB. Both Japanese.

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
New water pump in all good so easy to do just the old gasket took some time to get it all off thanks for the help..:thumbsup:

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
good to hear , and it saved you about 150 bucks worth of labour i expect

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
always use Holden coolant 50/50 with distilled water and it pays to take radiator out and turn it upside down and flush with hose. cover any auto gear box oil lines and holes when you do.

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
good advice lucky i put a new radiator in mine only 4 months ago so all good next job is my power steering pump it is leaking somwhere from the rear end so will have to do it next ..