Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water sound from behind the dash

vsdeath

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Sedan
Hi there,

I have seen a while ago a post about someone hearing some water flowing behind the dashboard. And I cant find it anymore. Anyway, here I am... Go the same thing happening to me since a few weeks now.

So if anyone can point me to that post or just tell me what it can be, that'd be good.

Thanks a bunch.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah mate i had the same issue, apprently it has somthing to do with the heater lines. I was told to open my radiator cap, and turn the ignition on and turn on the heater. Then to add coolant. I didnt turn the heater on, i just topped up my coolant both at the radiator and at the resivour. The niose stopped after this, and has only returned once the level of the coolant resivour began to get low again.

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
^^^^ ahh another mystery solved for me due to the info sharing of this forum ..... I had been noticing the same thing, and just so happened i was losing coolant and needed a new radiotar .... now all that is fixed i dont hear it anymore.

Always learning something new on here .... mind you i didnt know much to start with:p

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
funny i only started to get the noise after i had my radiator flushed.....

vsdeath

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Sedan
Yeah actually I just changed my radiator lately. I'll try to bleed the cooling system again tomorrow.. Maybe there is some air trapped in there...

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
When you bleed the system for air make sure the heater is turned to HOT otherwise the air will be trapped in the heater.

ozyprd

want to know more
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs senator
thanks guys this site rocks u find out so much from this site will be doin this in the morning

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Check the drian hole for the aircon is not blocked,its under the heater core, the only way to check it is get under the car and feel around for it above the gear box bell housing