Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water stained faded mirror covers.

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
This has been bugging me for a while now. I have a 2017 Redline sedan and the mirror covers are just in plain black. They aren't painted the same as the other blackout parts that have a slight metallic fleck to them they are just plain black. No matter how much I polish them within an hour they go back to looking water stained, flat and faded. Are they meant to be colour coded to the body colour? (Son of a Gun Grey).
I went to the local Holden dealer in Ballarat and just like normal you get a full blown smart arse that has no idea and tries to blame you for the way it looks.

Thanks in advance
DF

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I think they changed the mirror scalps to plain black for the 2017 model.

My 2016 is colour coded and you can purchase them ready painted from spare parts.

I bought some extra spares including a set of the 2017 black ones.

They have a shiney finish, is yours shiney or matte black?

There are products available that will restore matte black finishes if that's what yours are.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
This has been bugging me for a while now. I have a 2017 Redline sedan and the mirror covers are just in plain black. They aren't painted the same as the other blackout parts that have a slight metallic fleck to them they are just plain black. No matter how much I polish them within an hour they go back to looking water stained, flat and faded. Are they meant to be colour coded to the body colour? (Son of a Gun Grey).
I went to the local Holden dealer in Ballarat and just like normal you get a full blown smart arse that has no idea and tries to blame you for the way it looks.

Thanks in advance
DF
I had a phantom VE & the dullness of the mirrors used to annoy me over the years until I tried Mother’s Naturally Black plastic & trim restorer...made a remarkable & lasting difference from the word go & improved further with use over a few months.

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah it's more of a flat black, not a full matte black. It's pretty **** that for the price of the car they can't even colour code or at least make it that same black as the rest of the blackout inserts on the rest of the car.
I'll complain some more and see if they can shut me up by fixing it.

Thanks DF

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Probably much easier and less stressful to take Holden17s advice to use Mothers.
I use it on the black wheel arch plastic trim on my Cross6, brings it up like new.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Another one for Naturally Black.

Here is an example of the mirrors on my VS.....unpainted black plastic.

Before

DSCN1971.jpg

After

DSCN1975.jpg

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
Cheers. looks good.
I'll harass the local muppets at Ballarat Holden a bit more just to give them the shits. They think they're something special