Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wats Quiker VZ SS or XR6 turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
kill -9 said:
we are talking standard here moron. Go up against a tuned XRT, you will be blown away.

So maybe you are just a wanker? :)
WTF's up your arse minux? It was an innocent and harmless comment, certainly didn't deserve that kind of reaction..

Anyway.. I saw a bloody quick XRT.. It looked like a sleeper and made no noise at all. The tint was dark too, but I saw in the car when the driver turned on a light, the inside was covered in guages..

The guy took off faster then I've ever seen an LS1 take off.. Although it was probably heavily worked. Bloody nice..

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Shounak said:
WTF's up your arse minux? It was an innocent and harmless comment, certainly didn't deserve that kind of reaction..

Anyway.. I saw a bloody quick XRT.. It looked like a sleeper and made no noise at all. The tint was dark too, but I saw in the car when the driver turned on a light, the inside was covered in guages..

The guy took off faster then I've ever seen an LS1 take off.. Although it was probably heavily worked. Bloody nice..

Nothing. I am just sick to death of idiots racing on the roads. Sick to death of holden people always thinkign they are blowing cars away. If a tuned LS1 cant beat a stock Xr6T then the tuner deserves to be shot.

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
kill -9 said:
The fastest F1 racecars were full auto's. Drift cars have manuals to keep revs up. An auto when done correctly will always beat a manual, it is as simple as that. The reaosn race cars use manuals is to keep some driver skill involved.

Some car companies are headignt he clutched auto direction, same as alot of auto setups in trucks are now :)

As for the way holden are heading...look at the VE, it looks like cheap euro trash. That is what i meant.

Do you honestly think the reason drift cars ahve manuals is to keep the revs up? Bloody hell, I'm not even gonna bother explaining why that is so wrong. What's your reason for all race cars not having manuals then? Hopefully this time you come up with a better one than "to keep the revs up"

How exactly does the VE look euro trash? Let me guess, you just think it doesn't look enough like a commodore. Which commodore would that be anyway? None of the newer generation commodores have looked like the previous ones...so I don't exactly know what a "commodore" is supposed to look like.

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
kill -9 said:
Nothing. I am just sick to death of idiots racing on the roads. Sick to death of holden people always thinkign they are blowing cars away. If a tuned LS1 cant beat a stock Xr6T then the tuner deserves to be shot.

If you're sick to death of idiots racing on roads, why are you encouraging it by telling us which is faster? I bet you've done your fair share of drags from the lights, or driven you car fast out of a corner. Oh, but that's different, because you know how to drive, or because you've only done it a few times, or because the othe rdriver needed to be tought a lesson. If you can honestly say you've never done anything resembling driving your car hard on the road, then I take it all back, but I bet you have, which makes you a hypocrite.

Back on topic. Do you all realise that the SS's rival is the XR8?, Holden doesn't have a direct rival for the XR6T. Fact of the matter is, the SS and XR6T have such close performance that people are just plain forgetting about the slower and poorer performing XR8. Everyone's opinions are different, but here's mine. There's more to buying a car than how fast it is. If you want a fast car, you'll get what ya want and spend the money on it to make it fast. Ford hasn't got anything with as much tuning options or potential as the GenIII, there's are just so many kits and so many different ways you can go with it (aspirated, turbo, twin turbo, supercharged, twin supercharged...) Sure, the XR6T has potential, but in the end, there's only one way you can go, bigger turbo.

Last edited:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought the SC6 was the XRT's competitor, of course it's not much of a competitor.. But yeah..

A 6 cylinder forced induction engine in the standard chassis..

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
Shounak said:
I thought the SC6 was the XRT's competitor, of course it's not much of a competitor.. But yeah..

A 6 cylinder forced induction engine in the standard chassis..

There is no supercharged six anymore

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Evman said:
If you're sick to death of idiots racing on roads, why are you encouraging it by telling us which is faster? I bet you've done your fair share of drags from the lights, or driven you car fast out of a corner. Oh, but that's different, because you know how to drive, or because you've only done it a few times, or because the othe rdriver needed to be tought a lesson. If you can honestly say you've never done anything resembling driving your car hard on the road, then I take it all back, but I bet you have, which makes you a hypocrite.

Back on topic. Do you all realise that the SS's rival is the XR8?, Holden doesn't have a direct rival for the XR6T. Fact of the matter is, the SS and XR6T have such close performance that people are just plain forgetting about the slower and poorer performing XR8. Everyone's opinions are different, but here's mine. There's more to buying a car than how fast it is. If you want a fast car, you'll get what ya want and spend the money on it to make it fast. Ford hasn't got anything with as much tuning options or potential as the GenIII, there's are just so many kits and so many different ways you can go with it (aspirated, turbo, twin turbo, supercharged, twin supercharged...) Sure, the XR6T has potential, but in the end, there's only one way you can go, bigger turbo.

No, i don't race on the roads. That is saved for the tracks.
As for the only way to go with a XR6T there are guys running into low 11's with the standard turbo.. not too bad. Anyway how was i encouraging anything? I stated on a track and on 1/4. Hardly encouraging street racing.

Do you honestly think the reason drift cars ahve manuals is to keep the revs up? Bloody hell, I'm not even gonna bother explaining why that is so wrong. What's your reason for all race cars not having manuals then? Hopefully this time you come up with a better one than "to keep the revs up"
It is one of the many reasons. Many race cars are full auto, the only reason they are outlawed in so many competitions is they simply take away from the driver and make it about the car. I have many reasons for why i believe an auto is so much better than a manual. As for the commodore, i don't like the styling it has seemingly developed. It doesn't look liek an australian built car, rather than something BMW or the likes would produce. Hell the uncovered versions have bits of Ford, BMW, Honda all blended into it.

I could of done a much more detailed post, but what is the point.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Just been informed from a friend ins ydney that XR6T standard turbo will start to run out of puff around the 380rwkw mark....makes it even more impressive, also guys are running mid 10's with that turbo...

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
kill -9 said:
Just been informed from a friend ins ydney that XR6T standard turbo will start to run out of puff around the 380rwkw mark....makes it even more impressive, also guys are running mid 10's with that turbo...
What exactly do you have to do to an XR6T to get 380?

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
kill -9 said:

There are also GenIII's into 11's with bolt ons. That's what's really impressive, considering they're atmo, and with nothing in th engine touched except valve springs. I'll tell ya what...I'll start a thread about benefits of both so this thread isn't filled with off topic stuff. My point was right for the XR6T, there's only one way to go, bigger turbo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.