Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Waxing/Polishing

daniel555

Custom VY Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Waxing and polishing often, Does it take away the clear coat?

I've heard storys it does, And your car should only be waxed/polished once every blue moon.

But i want my car looking smhick every week. :p

Anyway, Answer would be good, Cheers.

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
Not 100% sure mate but I got a professional to do my old vy once and I asked him how often to polish it up and recommended twice or three a year. Yea I think you might start taking the paint off mate if you’re doing it every week. I normally do mine about every 5 or six months.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Polishing takes off a tiny layer of the paint/clear coat to get it looking good so do it maybe 4 times a year max imo. Waxing adds a layer of protection so you can do it as much as you want but I'd recommend once every or two month rather than every week.

To get it looking good all the time is almost impossible but you can get yourself some good quality wash liquid and keep your car undercover as much as possible.

daniel555

Custom VY Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Yeah, Ive i only polished/waxed it about 4 times now since i got it. Ill leave it for a while, I took it to the car wash today with a shami.

Looked shmick after i washed her and took the water marks out of her, So ill just leave it for a while, Thanks for the advice guys.