Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Waxing your car.

SSMarine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY R8 Maloo
I recently did my ute, (it's black) used the meguires hi tech wax (comes with aplicator) and to buff off i use the soft polish cloths from super cheap (kenco i think) i just wash them and tumble dry them before use to remove the fluff! I find the meguires products expensive but you don't use much and they are great to use. They have a great web site too where you can fill out a "prescription" for your paintwork!

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
HIROLLA said:
When you guys say buff the wax off what do you use to buff it off exactly? Im thinking of waxing my car once i know for sure the rain will stop :D

You can buy microfibre towels from Supercheap etc like SSMarine said. Or you can just use any terry towelling type cloth (an old towel will do). This will give the best results with minimum effort. But yeah, make sure it's clean.

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
Ive got heaps of micro fibre clothes lol awesome.

Thanks guys :)

B

blaire576

Several Years ago I purchased what is beginning to seem like a "life-time-supply" of Turtle Wax. Just one little round tub. The sponge applicator pad has long since vanished (and I do mean vanished, it just crumbled, nothing left of it). I always hear talk of how marvelous the premium wax brands are. I'm too cheap to throw anything away, so I suppose I won't get to try any of the premium brands until maybe the year 2025 when the plastic tub the Turtle Wax is in will probably begin to decay. I spend my time driving, not rubbing.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Wax the car like it's been painted with a paintbrush and white housepaint..

Buff off using machine or hand.. Simple..