Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

waxing...

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i use the NXT generation wax paste and NXT generation speed detailer on my new black jetski and i gotta say that the wax paste is awesome but i found the speed detailer to be good but the best is a Mr Sheen product.....
yes MR Sheen....it comes in a purple spray bottle and is awesome...

the guy i know at dealer i bought the ski off said to use it and i wasnt keen but i used it at first and was amazed...then someone said try the speed detailer....it was good but not as good as mr sheen.

i agree with the guys above....You need to decide whether or not it REALLY needs to cut and polish....try just polish and wax and see how it turns out first....

the meguaires 2 step detail is good...the polish in the red bottle and then the carubuna wax also in a red bottle....its magic

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
mr sheen ay? think im a bit 2 chicken 2 try that out... lol
but on the plus side... my car could be all "lemony fresh" lol
i just got all types of weird images in my head thinking about that!!

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
mr sheen ay? think im a bit 2 chicken 2 try that out... lol
but on the plus side... my car could be all "lemony fresh" lol
i just got all types of weird images in my head thinking about that!!
hey there is no risk using it. it says its a shine and protectant for painted surfaces, etc
i use it on $21K jetski so no offence mate but if i am comfortable using it on it then your shouldnt have a problem with your VR

Last edited:

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
meh maybe i should use it..
i'd do it just for kicks!! be funny if the ppl behind me could smell lemony.. haha
oi! i just had an evil thought. meh
my dads 4mth old fairmont **** itself 2day... hahahaahahaha
THATS why i LOVE holdens.. ha!

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
use the 2 in 1 wash and wax products i use armor all wash and wax its much better. either that or macguires wash and wax.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
OK.. 2 things..
1. is it really bad for ur paint 2 wax with the sun full on shining on ur car? cuz i wanna cut n polish the beast 2day cuz its so nice!!
2. is there an easy way 2 cut n polish? cuz while i enjoy the workout, it gets a bit 2 fullon for my teeny tiny lil muscles!!
THANKS!

I think you're getting confused between a wax and a polish. A wax is basically an added protective layer to your paint, whilst a polish is slightly abrasive and takes off (microscopically thin) layers of paint to reveal fresh shiny layers underneath. A cut & polish is a more aggressive form of polish. Are you sure it needs a cut? I'd start with a normal polish (if you think your paint has been neglected) and then a wax.

Agree with that comment about microfibre towels. They're the fastest and easiest way to remove (buff) wax or polish by hand. Will help save your "teeny little muscles" ;)

andyman said:
i used the spray wax for a few weeks, personally i think it only good if your using it to make it look nice for a car expo etc...... the spray makes it look nice for two days or so than it look crap again. plus it dosnt make your panels feel all nice and smooth for long.

What brand are you using? I use Eagle One "Wax As U Dry" and it is the bomb. You're right - it doesn't last as long as a real wax but I use it every weekend and it keeps the paint shiny and smooth all week. Also it makes any surface look schmick - paint, glass, vinyl etc and is real easy to eliminate streaks.

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha.. so i saw the dude across the road spraying his car today.. kinda did my head in, then i thought "hey maybe hes using that spray wax stuff" so i go over and ask him.. sure enough he was.. he looked at me like i was the most clueless chik on the planet but the stuff works! i dont care if i have 2 do it every week! my teeny muscles can stay teeny!! w00t!
but i will do the polish thingy first.. just so then i can say i did it properly b4 i started cheating.. lol