Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

waxing...

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
OK.. 2 things..
1. is it really bad for ur paint 2 wax with the sun full on shining on ur car? cuz i wanna cut n polish the beast 2day cuz its so nice!!
2. is there an easy way 2 cut n polish? cuz while i enjoy the workout, it gets a bit 2 fullon for my teeny tiny lil muscles!!
THANKS!

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
1. The wax can dry faster on a hot car, I do the family car in the shade or in the evenings.

2. You CAN use a plug in buffer, but take it easy and keep it moving as you don't want to eat the paintwork. I rather use elbow grease, as then I know I've done a good job.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
One thing you need to ask yourself...does your car really need a cut? Alot of people go and cut their car when all it needed was a wax or polish.

I would nto reccomend waxing a car in the sun, it dries to fast and doesnt get a full cure.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
always wax in the shade, make sure the paint isnt hot, otherwise it wont dry the wax properly and u leave marks on the paint until u next wash it. Using a microfibre cloth makes the job alot easier too, they remove the dried wax better imo.

Also i recommend the meguiars nxt generation paste wax, and in between waxes the nxt generation speed detailer spray, spray it on and wipe off with microfibre cloth and it looks like u just waxed ur car. I been using it for a few weeks and the car looks better everytime. The spray makes the rims shine up real nice too.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
One thing you need to ask yourself...does your car really need a cut? Alot of people go and cut their car when all it needed was a wax or polish.

I agree totally. i had a guy in at work who was told to put a cut and polish over his car that was only 6 months old. it would have rooted his paintwork. if it does need it then just remember that there are different levels of of cut and polish.

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
ye i think it needs it.. it lives out with the elements and needs some lovin.. ha
that spray stuff sounds interesting thou! might have 2 give that a shot!!
thanks guys!

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i used the spray wax for a few weeks, personally i think it only good if your using it to make it look nice for a car expo etc...... the spray makes it look nice for two days or so than it look crap again. plus it dosnt make your panels feel all nice and smooth for long.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I think the spray stuff is mainly to remove light dust buildup between waxes. Sort of like that 'waterless wash' solution you can buy in bottles.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
I think the spray stuff is mainly to remove light dust buildup between waxes. Sort of like that 'waterless wash' solution you can buy in bottles.

thats 100% right, but i use it after i wash for the just waxed look, and boost the shine up a bit if im gonna go for a cruise. Everyone at auto salon uses it.