Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WB statesman

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
This thread made me dig through some old Wheels magazines, and I've found Wheels No. 38 which contains a road test on the WB Statesman Caprice, titled "The Civilised Dinosaur". I don't have a scanner but if anyone is interested I can type up the article.

Jake.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
I love it, I want one. Its like an Aussie caddy.

I hope the foot is an optional extra.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
I remember back in 1985 working at a local farmers supply store selling irrigation and pumps and parts, which was part of a big local manufacturing business. One morning we looked out through the front windows and there were parked a matched pair of WB Statesman Caprices'. One was a fawn color and I forget the other. They had just been bought new by the bosses, a pair of brothers.

I remember it so well because that was the day they got us to shut up the shop and told us how dire the financial circumstances were of the company, and if sales didn't increase, heads would have to unfortunatley roll...mine was one that did later... :rolleyes: :p

All this while two shiny new Statesmans sat outside the window... :b:

Magnum

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina
Hi all, Magnum here, that infomation as shown below is from me.

I own two of these HDT Brock WB Magnums, one a statesman, one a Ute (one of only three built )

"The most identifiable aspect of these cars if done was the painted body color of the bumper bars and bumperettes and the Magnum Decals. Other tell tale signs was Devilles had the Momo Polaris Wheeels,Areo wheels a option on both Caprice and Deville, Interior had the Momo gritti leather steering wheel and the all important footrest, also they looked great being lower to the ground due to Brock uprated springs and Bilstein shocks. Under bonnet was the Brock engine complete with chrome rocker covers and air cleaner lid on the larger cold air intake, complete with decals. But also quite a few of this car left the Brock factory looking 100% stock on the outside. Unofficial reports from lots of sources say that between 100 and up to 120 of these cars where produced including 3 rare WB Magnum Utes"

Other options where also avalible to these cars from the brock hdt stables

The high output engine (5.6 strocker ), as in my ute, cobra alarm, larger capacity fuel tank 120 litre, full paint treatment ( this had no chrome on car at all ), tinted tail lights, tinted headlight covers, caprice dash fitted to deville models, brock sound system,3.08 lsd diff, blue printed carby, window tinting, electric sunroof, blue printed ignition system, exhaust extractors, plus more i cant think of right now