Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WB Ute, Injected 5 litre Project.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
No, its purely because the WB statesman front is the best looking WB front ever made.....Commercial fronts look crap!

Btw, i don't follow what everyone else does/likes, i build a car for myself. If people like it, then all good, but if they dont bad luck, i didnt build it to suit everyone elses tastes.

Back on topic, i rubbed back & 2 pak high filled my rocker covers & engine covers on the weekend. Just got to rub them back and paint them now, will post pics when they are painted. Nothing real flash, just silver, but 100x better than the factory did......

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The body looks to be in good nic so a nice metallic copper brown maybe with some black markings somewhere. There is a HJ (I think) 4 door GTS Monaro in the copper bronze with black GTS markings getting around our area and looksfantastic in the bright sunlight.

I see the hatch is blue so you wont want that. Purple hmmm need lots of chrome and HP if you go with purple.

Or Yellow. (ducks for cover)

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Holy ****, i totally forgot i put a thread in here about this car. :p

Anyway, here is a bit of an update.

It's now all painted, i went with Blood Orange of a BA Ford in the end. It's the only colour my partner and i could agree on. It has come up really good, i'm really happy with the paint & panel work. I scrapped the WB stato front idea and went with a HZ twin headlight prem front. Also, went with HQ-HZ tail lights instead of WB lights.

The interior has all been retrimmed, i got hold of a VG-VS ute bench seat, which is more like 2 buckets with a small seat in the middle, unlike the original one which is just one whole seat and ultra uncomfortable. I got a GTS dash, it was in ok condition but i filled a few holes from a CB or some crap and painted the fascia, also got new lenses for the gauges too. Bought a new repo GTS steering wheel aswell. I'm in the prosess of making some panels to fill in behind the seat and kick panels.

Wheels will be getting done soon, i am going with GTS rims, widened to 15x8 on the back and 15x6 on the front. They just need repainting.

So anyway, here are some pics.

I have heap of other build pics, so if anyone wants to see anything in particular or wants to know something just ask.

Last edited:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
That's awesome that colour. Reminds me of the wb ute i had, same thing with a clubby motor but alas, never got to finish it. Good luck with the rest of your resto!

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
Sweet as project man, high quality build. Love the colour I nearly went for it on my car lol

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Well done on this project, looks unreal and will be really nice with that V8 :)

I just wish I had some of your skills. Bravo :w00t:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
That looks bloody sensational... keep the updates coming!