Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

we make a new air intake for a eaton 112

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nice work boys love the aircleaner looks stock as LOL.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Since ive got as far as i can go on bens ttb setup i started working on mine and got it all tacked together. I should get all welded tonight then on the car this weekend.
Matt

Attachments

• pipe ttb manifold2.jpg
    pipe ttb manifold2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 137

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you lost a bit of plenum volume ide say but should be ok as long as the vacuam doesnt fluctuate to much to the map sensor it will be fine bet it makes your tune way off again

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
man that looks cool have to come and have a look. soon you will have to get your head out of the engine bay and under the back of it and find a bit more traction lol

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
you lost a bit of plenum volume ide say but should be ok as long as the vacuam doesnt fluctuate to much to the map sensor it will be fine bet it makes your tune way off again

I think i would of gained volume since the 30-40mm i cut off the top doesn't actually have much in the way of internal volume and that only leaves the elbow at the back and one of the new 3inch bends would have more volume than that. For the map sensor i was going to make a few new vacume points at the back of the manifold.
Matt

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
ok i got out of bed today to do the air box top lid adjustment i think it came out ok. i just realised that the good old k&n pannel filter is going to be tested as to how well they flow. i used a v6 top and added the v8 elbow and just cut it to the angle i wanted.

honestly mate, that filter is going to be your biggest restriction now. test it as is (seeing as you already have the bits) and then beg/borrow/steal a couple pod filters and test with those, i think you'll see a psi increase with the POD's on. the stock filter box/filter just can't flow the volume of air your after. just look at the raptor, they gained a increase in power just from going from a 3" intake with POD to a 4" intake with POD filter. your blower is bigger then the raptor and is begging for more air

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
honestly mate, that filter is going to be your biggest restriction now. test it as is (seeing as you already have the bits) and then beg/borrow/steal a couple pod filters and test with those, i think you'll see a psi increase with the POD's on. the stock filter box/filter just can't flow the volume of air your after. just look at the raptor, they gained a increase in power just from going from a 3" intake with POD to a 4" intake with POD filter. your blower is bigger then the raptor and is begging for more air

you have just said what i have been thinking about for days:bang:. i have cai on it at the moment as i need all or all the cold air i can get due to the type of blower im using. the next thing i was going to do was the old 3 inch hole through the gard and bottom of the air box trick that should then have 6 inches of air to the bottom of the air box. then run a 3 inch pipe to the front bar and enlarge the little hole off to the side on the bar the vr have that way i hope to get the same sort of positive air pressure from both openings. well it works out in my head any way. i have thought of making up a box to run 2 pods in with the cai piping and the hole in the gard as well. in thery you should have more serface area on the two pods to clean the air.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
two CAI's will certainly help. in the long run i'd be aiming for a enclosed POD(s) setup for ideal flow. i think even with your single TB setup a POD would give a increase in output. even the raptor suffers with a stock filter box fitted

i went down to bunnings on the weekend to get some 100mm pipe but they won't sell it in 1meter lengths. will only sell 25m rolls:bang:

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Im sure between us we will have 2 good k&n pods to try out the drags one night. It would be interesting to see, maybe 3 runs with each.
Matt

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If you jsut have the factory CAI on it, it's a big restriction after 180 rwkw, go the 100mm pipe out the front as well, with that, the water injection and wind the timing up 3 degrees, you'll go under 12.5