Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

we put a vy engine in a vt and thermal fans

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
ay guys we put a vy engine and trans in a m8s vt berlina and just wonder if u get the power gain out of it? as in i think its about 10kw difference? as i think the vt is 147kw the vx is 152kw so is the vy 157kw? or will the computer need to be updated?

also the small thermo fan is that the one that comes on or is it suppost to be the larger one come on? [normal driving not aircon] as the small one comes on and i think the auto electrication mixed them up thats why i asked?

thanxs for the input.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
bump............

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
I thought the VY was 170kw? or is that the VZ

edit: nah its the VZ thats 170kw

the VY is 152kw @ 5200rpm

Id imagine it would just run the 147kw if its the vt stock chip. (would only recognise the vy engine as a vt)

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yep... VT ecotec's are 147fwkw while the VX and the VY are both 152fwkw. VZ alloytex's are 170 and 190.

Not sure about the thermo's, you would expect it to start with the smalled one and kick in the bigger one when it's needed.

The main difference between a VT ecotec computer and a VX/VY is that the VT is a Memcal PCM and the VX/VY is a FLASH thingy... long story short... the VT one is supposed to be easier to tune from what I understand.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
The Thermo Fans are the little one is for the Engine it is called the Low Speed Fan, then your high speed fan, the larger one kicks in upon air conditioning and heavy strain.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
The Thermo Fans are the little one is for the Engine it is called the Low Speed Fan, then your high speed fan, the larger one kicks in upon air conditioning and heavy strain.
thanxs for the input fellas just what i need to know positive reps for u guys