Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

We will beat any comparable service by 10%.

BOMB-A-DORE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 commodore & VE SV6 Ute.
What a load of " bull dust " that Holden are advertising at the moment.....10% discount.....read the fine print.

Holden dealers will beat any comparable quote for the first six standard scheduled handbook services by 10%.

Does not include capped price servicing.....vehicles under capped price serving are excluded.

Quoted service provider must be within 10kms of the Holden Dealership....my nearest GMH is 110km in one town and in the other town 150kms away.

The price guarantee from the other provider must include a printed quote on their letterhead...the printed quote must include all aspects of the Holden standard schedule service and must include Holden approved parts and all lubrication.

You must present the Holden dealer with your quote prior to or at the time of booking of your service for the 10% discount to apply.

The quote must be dated no more than 2 weeks prior to the service date.

ANY LAWYERS ON HERE TO SORT THIS MESS OUT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
What a load of " bull dust " that Holden are advertising at the moment.....10% discount.....read the fine print.

Holden dealers will beat any comparable quote for the first six standard scheduled handbook services by 10%.

Does not include capped price servicing.....vehicles under capped price serving are excluded.

Quoted service provider must be within 10kms of the Holden Dealership....my nearest GMH is 110km in one town and in the other town 150kms away.

The price guarantee from the other provider must include a printed quote on their letterhead...the printed quote must include all aspects of the Holden standard schedule service and must include Holden approved parts and all lubrication.

ANY LAYWERS ON HERE TO SORT THIS MESS OUT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put it in the round file!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

Fair enough. The Capped Price Servicing are already budgeted accordingly

Also fair. To keep the mechanics costs close to the dealerships.

Letterhead for authenticity. Any idiot can scrawl **** on a piece of paper. And the service must be identical. Otherwise why compare a full service to an oil change.

You must present the Holden dealer with your quote prior to or at the time of booking of your service for the 10% discount to apply.

Can't be some price from ages ago when prices were cheaper

ANY LAWYERS ON HERE TO SORT THIS MESS OUT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So whats the problem?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
So whats the problem?

Exactly! The terms and conditions are basically set so they're not in a situation of comparing apples with oranges. Hell, in the business they're in that's not a good enough metaphor. How about Apples with empty stubby bottles?!

maklaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Wagon
you should get a lawyer and get this mess sort out Or stop reading these stupid adds.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

BOMB-A-DORE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 commodore & VE SV6 Ute.
im a layer cos i watched some youtube vids, so ill translate all the jargon for ya.

it says:

"take your car to a holden dealer for servicing and stop being such a tightarse"

I am not a tight arse as you inferred.....just pointing out a few traps that the ill informed on this forum can be taken for a row...take a look at all the crap on exhaust systems on here and all the pitfalls and costs etc.!!!!!!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I am not a tight arse as you inferred.....just pointing out a few traps that the ill informed on this forum can be taken for a row...take a look at all the crap on exhaust systems on here and all the pitfalls and costs etc.!!!!!!

In this case there is no "trap". If you (as a customer) fail to read the T&Cs, than that is your problem.

Holden have done everything by the book in this case.

Do you expect Harvey Norman or some similar store to have a, for example, 50 months interest free offer, with no T&Cs? I'll have that finance on that 4GB USB stick please.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

Capped price servicing is a special offer and has been budgeted for and agreed upon by the owner of the car as well as the dealer. This is similar to any other business that offers similar deals, you cant take advantage of two offers at the same time.

Where did they say it had to be GMH dealership that provided the service? Surely you have other mechanics in town that offer backed logbook servicing. If you dont, well noone offers a comparable service and Holden are under no obligation to match it.

So you mean I cant just rock up with some scrunched up paper in my back pocket? No waaaaay! Of course theyll want it itemized. Theyre not going to beat the service if youre getting your platinum plugs replaced with BKR6E-11's for 3 bucks a pop.

Durrrrrr, yeah service my car and ill just drop the quote in next week. Im good for it.

Yup must be relevant. Prices change, shock horror.

Not a tight arse. Cancel the lawyers, dumb thread is dumb.

Pitfalls and costs of an exhaust -.- Yup.