Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Web Site / Forum

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Morning Guys,
Well in the background while things have been humming along I have been in talk with a web designer who will be taking on the task of coming up with a complete new design for the web site.

Work isn't expected to start for another 2 - 3 weeks approximately but at this stage it's sounding good and we'll finally be able to go back to doing whatever we want and not have to worry about upgrades going wrong as some of you may have seen in the past.

During the upgrade vBulletin will also be put into place and should generally have a much nicer feel about it along with suggestions from the feedback section implemented.

That's about it for now but I will keep everyone posted when progress is made on the site.

Cheers
Darren

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds great Darren, keep up the good work and thanks for putting so much of your own time into a site that helps so many.

Cheers

Jake

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
well i dont have much to say but well done darren
you have brought this site up from nothing and now look at it
you've gone from so little users to in the 1000's
in so little time
keep up the good work

Cheers

Daniel

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
0-1000 in 3.2secs

I haven't been here long, but already I've learnt tonnes!

Looking forward to learning more

Tedee

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
yes i must say that this is an awesome website. there may only be a small (compared to bigger sites) number of active members on the forums but i feel we are such a close group and we all know each other.

i have been thinking of sending an email to street machine magazine so they can put this website in their magazine where they list 10 or so websites per month. is anyone for or against that? i dont want to go ahead and do it if people dont want me to.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE (VSUTE @ Feb 29 2004, 02:41 PM) i have been thinking of sending an email to street machine magazine so they can put this website in their magazine where they list 10 or so websites per month. is anyone for or against that? i dont want to go ahead and do it if people dont want me to.
Maybe start a poll in another thread but I'm all for the idea, good thinking bud and I agree about the group of active members, slowly growing everyday too.

Keep up the good work everyone

Jake

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah good idea VS, I had thought about it but wasn't sure about any legal stuff, etc. So just check with Darren and if he says it's a go then go for it.

Cheers

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
wat i would like to see is a list of every member with a time and date of there last logon and see how many people still come here???

it would be just interesting to see

R

Robbie

QUOTE (MuNtEd @ Feb 29 2004, 10:03 PM) wat i would like to see is a list of every member with a time and date of there last logon and see how many people still come here???

Yeah,

I think there are a lot of innactive members, as well as people who have signed up and only posted 2 or 3 times....

Can we find out how many people are regulares? Say 5 + posts a week or something?

Cheers,

Robbie

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Robbie/MuNtEd, I am not sure whether this is possible but leave it with me and I'll see what I can find out.

Anyway to the actual point of this post. I am after lets say 3 people to test the new forum out. The first 3 people to PM me will have the first insight to the new look forum and web site when it becomes available all in due course.

I will be contacting you more than likely tomorrow night or during the day with further details.

I have taken a recent snapshot of the database and placed it on to the new forum and now we just need to test by any means possible to make sure everything falls into place nicely and there are no obvious issues which need to be fixed. Although I have done this without the site being live the fun part is going to be doing it while the site is live in a few weeks to come.