Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Web Site / Forum

G

grover

i have sent you a pm darren,but i will be at work tomorrow night so if you dont reach me then give someone else a go.thats if i was one of the first three.

grover

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
There is now 1 position available for testing so if you want it you had better be quick

Update: All positions are now gone, all people who have contacted me should have had a PM back with details etc, if not let me know.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
QUOTE (Darren @ Feb 28 2004, 09:55 AM)Morning Guys,
Well in the background while things have been humming along I have been in talk with a web designer who will be taking on the task of coming up with a complete new design for the web site.

Work isn't expected to start for another 2 - 3 weeks approximately but at this stage it's sounding good and we'll finally be able to go back to doing whatever we want and not have to worry about upgrades going wrong as some of you may have seen in the past.

During the upgrade vBulletin will also be put into place and should generally have a much nicer feel about it along with suggestions from the feedback section implemented.

That's about it for now but I will keep everyone posted when progress is made on the site.

Cheers
Darren
Darren, if you need any (ANY) help at all, please don't hesitate to email me (if the email I have here is broken: [email protected]) I'd love to help out on the behind the scenes of this website. I know a lot bout website design/html so yeah, gimme a msg if in doubt or you want something done.

.. oh, and also:
QUOTE During the upgrade vBulletin will also be put into place and should generally have a much nicer feel about it along
- Could I suggest you move the database to phpbb forum, it would require a new start to the forum.. but Im sure it wouldn't be too difficult, no?
tr3nt.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Thanks for the offer tr3nt but starting from scratch I personally would be thinking it would really hurt the site, I would rather trying to keep everything intact as there is already a lot of useful information out there.

Moving to vBulletin by the look of it has been a success so far, still a number of things which I hadn't noticed myself but we are getting there and documenting everything which has happened during a changeover to the test site so I can keep a close eye on it when the final changeover takes place.

I will likely call on your help once the site is going to get all the information from the main page online although that is still a few weeks away last I heard and for all I know the web designer could be doing that for me.

phpBB I have used on a number of sites before, even on JC at one stage then I made the move across to Invision because the administration side of things in phpBB really lacked the things we needed which Invision has.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
A little bit of an update, all going to plan the web designer is starting on the site next week, I am unsure how long this will take but no bought by early April I would imagine we would have moved across to the new look.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
no problem.. but the offer still stands I guess hey

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
yeah i cant wait for the upgrade either should be a fresh look and a bit of a change....also like munted said congrats on building Just Commodores into what it is today

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Well here we have it, tomorrow the new site layout should be started on. I have put down the deposit and signed all the necessary paperwork to go with it so we should be right to go from here.

Time wise we are looking at closer to 2 weeks for it all to come together but it should be well worth the wait.

I have asked for permission to get feedback from you guys when I have some of the designs at hand, after all if it weren’t for you guys the site wouldn’t have become what it has.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
*waits patiently for tomorrow*