Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weed spraying

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I still haven't bought any molasses as I'm finding it hard to get. I can get it a Coles but its quite expensive. With everything closed for Christmas my local farm supplies is shut. Hopefully they are open next Saturday morning and they have it in stock. I have hit it twice with Seasol, which has soil wetting agent in it. I got the wife to grab some more Seasol from Reject Shop today, and I might hose it on in the next few days. That will be three doses of Seasol in three weeks. I'm thinking I might grab a big bag of Rapid Raiser from Mitre 10 next week to help it along, mainly because it's a lot easier to get than molasses.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Don't use supermarket stuff. It has preservatives and etc, it won't work. You go to a place that sells farm stuff. An Elders or Landmark or Nutrien Ag Supplies. Places that fix tractors and you buy hay from.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The rapid raiser will give too much leaf. It will do the opposite of what you want now. Good root growth and strong root growth supported by mycorrhizal fungi is what you want.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Don't use supermarket stuff. It has preservatives and etc, it won't work. You go to a place that sells farm stuff. An Elders or Landmark or Nutrien Ag Supplies. Places that fix tractors and you buy hay from.
Ok, I will try my local farm supplies. Just I can't get to Roberts during opening hours, unless I have an annual leave day, which is why I have been giving extra doses of Seasol.
I will can the Rapid Raiser for now.

LoneHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Anyone know if I have wasted my time spraying grass at 3pm today? I planned to get it done this morning at 9-10am but brand new Hills knapsack unit had to be returned. Trip to town that took me over three hours by the time I got back. I get back and assemble the new unit, only to find it too was faulty with a different issue. Battled for around an hour before cracking it and storming off. Spent 45mins on the net and found low pressure is a common issue on Hills spray units.

Back to the new house and completely dismantle the spray unit. I find the seal had not been lubed from factory and was half hanging off. Lubed the seal with rubber grease and reassembled the unit and at 3pm I was finally able to spray.

I took a day off work to get the weeds sprayed, as we rarely get a weekend without rain lately. But my concern is the dew will set in around 7-8pm tonight, will this ruin my spraying? I have always sprayed in fine weather early in the day in the past but here in Tas fine days can be really hit and miss in winter and with the BS I had to go through to get a working unit wasted most of my annual leave day pretty much. .

I tried Google but seemed to have mixed opinions.
Just make sure theres no dew on the leaves when you spray and if the poison dries on the weeds you will normally get a kill. If your willing spend up on a knapsack and you will get 10 years out of it