Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weed spraying

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Cool I will have a chat to the farm supplies and see if they have anything. Otherwise I will have to wait until I can get to Roberts.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If I get a chance tomorrow I will post some pictures of the stuff I'm trying to kill. Getting three days without rain is going to be hard for the next two months at least, well having a day off work with three days of fine weather following is probably the hardest part.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
actually it better practice to use a stronger herbicide than the cheaper ones most seem to use due to $.
The point is you use less poison that actually does the job and used less often over the cheaper non working ones that don:t have a huge range of effect on different weeds, hence you need more and more applications.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
actually it better practice to use a stronger herbicide than the cheaper ones most seem to use due to $.
The point is you use less poison that actually does the job and used less often over the cheaper non working ones that don:t have a huge range of effect on different weeds, hence you need more and more applications.
Depends on the herbicide. Many can become ineffective when you increase the dosage.
Cheaper won’t mean doesn’t work. That’s a misconception. All products have to do what they say they will do by law. The problem isn’t the herbicide but often a lack of skill in applying them.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Depends on the herbicide. Many can become ineffective when you increase the dosage.
Cheaper won’t mean doesn’t work. That’s a misconception. All products have to do what they say they will do by law. The problem isn’t the herbicide but often a lack of skill in applying them.
Wasn:t talking about dosage, instead the amount of active ingredient @grams per litre in the brand product you buy. Most people buy the cheaper brand product unaware of its strength and effectiveness, when it doesn:t work they stupidly increase the dosage thinking it will be stronger.

The same thing happens when people over fertilize plants, thinking they will grow better and quicker but in turn the fertilizer products become a “salt” in chemical toxicity and their beloved plants die.

Even over using organic products as a substitute can become toxic, hence your discovery of seasol and herbicide, not just through quicker leaf absorption but further root/ground intake as a toxic salty charged solution stunting plant growth. Also you need a hell of a lot of organic stuff repeatedly to actually work verses the very small right chemical amount just used once effectively. Hell even petrol is cheaper/safer than herbicide, spray and light, weeds gone instantly to barbecue heaven/hell haha.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I buy the 1 litre Roundup concentrate, its something like 570 g/L.

I mix it strictly as per instructions, lasts a fair while, and always try to spray from upwind. Bought a German made Solo 15 litre back pack sprayer earlier this year so can complete most of the landscaped 3,000 sqm in one go. A quick refill and I can go through the last 1,000 sqm of bush. This stuff rolls the lantana really well. I have applied it a few hours before rain and it still works, but not as well as it would normally. Need to wait at least a week to see.

Purchased a 5 litre bottle of Kamba M ages ago with the intention of ridding our grass of weeds but have never gotten around to it. Always too windy where we are.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Turns out the cheapo roundup is doing its job. There are the beginnings of some yellowing, and plenty of droop, all over the backyard. May spray a bit more tomorrow if the weather is ok.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Turns out the cheapo roundup is doing its job. There are the beginnings of some yellowing, and plenty of droop, all over the backyard. May spray a bit more tomorrow if the weather is ok.
What cheapo roundup did you get?
After 5 months how is the lawn going?
Cheers Pete.
PS. happy new year