Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

weight of the wagon

themantiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
dudes, whats a hapennin
can anyone tell me or tell me where to find what my rb20e(nz) vl berlina wagon weighs? im gonna try and do a bit of lightening before the rb30det conversion (picking up the rb30e tonight - wooohooo!!!!) and would like to know what I started with
chur chur

oh by the way - go the all blacks :whistling

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Can't really tell you from here, maybe search on google. But as far as I know the sedan is around the 1400kg mark. I'll have a look.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
if you want to lighten it then there are many ways to do it. although it can be expensive for little return. eg take the rear side glass out of the wagon and replace it with perspex. fibreglass bonnet and tailgate. remove the central locking and electric window mechanisms. take the roof rack things off if it has them. alloy rims are lighter than steel rims. put a smaller fuel tank in. take off the towbar if it has one. don't put subs or amps in. take air conditioning out. you must have a demister though for rego. remove all the non-essentials basically, even the glovebox mirror.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
My mate with a gemini wagon just removed his rear seats and put a false floor in, I have no idea why to be honest. But it looks pretty good- the weight he lost from the seats he would have gained with mdf.

But it depends on how much you want to do.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Fibreglass and carbon fibre bonnets are available from a bloke on Calaisturbo.com but they are more than a grand

Are you planning on lightening it for the street or for off road track use?

If its for the track get the holesaw happening, rip out all the seats, Change all the windows to perspex, gut the tailgate and back doors and weld them shut. Piss of the aircon if it has it. convert it to manual. Rip out the carpet, door trims and roof lining. You should save 50-70 kg's minimum.

If you want to drive it around on the street and register it you are very limited in things you can do and keep it legal, maybe fibreglass bonnet, race seats, you can remove a little metal here and there but not allot really, remove aircon and convert to a manual.

If your rich you could go a titanium exhaust system LOL