Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird as noise!

ryan21

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 vn calais v6
Hey guys,

My car has been making this weird noise for quite some time but only occasionally so i didnt think much of it but its been doing it more lately its really weird cant really describe it so ill attach a recording of it (you may have to turn you're speakers up its fairly quiet) some things that may be important.

car is on gas.
it only does it when cold not hot or warm.

if any one knows what it is let me know!

Cheers

Attachments

• Noise.zip
    74.2 KB · Views: 221

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The file is showing as corrupt once its downloaded and you try to open it, even if you try to open it directly from the link, it still says its corrupted.

ryan21

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 vn calais v6
i just tryed and had no problem playing the zipped file i unzipped it with winrar and played using 3 diff programs (itunes,windows media player and vlc) works fine.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
File worked fine when I downloaded it. From what I can hear I'm thinking alternator bearing/brushes.

ryan21

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 vn calais v6
It's not the alternator. I have replaced it and the idle bearing,powersteering pump,water pump,and even a secondhand compressor since I have replaced the compressor the noise is slightly different bit still basicly the same.

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
I know the sound by not even listening its your tensioner pulley, alot of people replace everything but it

ryan21

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 vn calais v6
It's not the pulley I've replaced it. It was making some noise but not the one I'm talking about.

ryan21

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 vn calais v6
Just a quick note that may be important the recoding was taken from inside the car. You can't hear it from the outside. It sounds like it's coming from the passenger side. With that said it is definitely not the cooler fan as it is off when I start the car.

VNCommyBeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS VN, VR Berlina
it says file is corrupt for me too. but if it's anything like my car it comes from near the top of the engine on the passengers side, like a rattling? i've been told not to worry about it, would have to hear it and make sure it's definately the same noise though