Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird clunk :|

Jarvvie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 Holden Commodore SV6
I was driving this afternoon, when for some reason I heard a very odd and bad sounding clunk come from the front of my SV6. When I pulled up to the traffic lights, the engine warning light started going off. I could feel that the car was vibrating heavier than normal, I could feel it in the brake pedal when I was slowing down and stopping. The acceleration pedal and when I would take off and the steering felt bumpy and unpredictable. When i took off form the traffic lights to head straight home the car felt slugish to begin with and then it would, almost jump forward at random moments, and then return to being slugish. When I got home and opened the bonnet everything looked to be normal but there was an odd loud clicking sound coming from in the engine (I have noticed that a lot of commodore engines have a clicking noise but this time it sounded more violent then normal). I will take my car to the service center during the weekend or early next week, but does anyone have some idea of what might have happened? Thanks. :hmmm:

P.s. I drive a 2012 Holden Commodore VEII SV6.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Interesting that you drove all the way home before taking a look under the bonnet...

Jarvvie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heavy afternoon traffic with no where to stop :/

Brenty88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu v8 ute
Plugs and leads my friend :( sounds like its missing

Cheers Brenton

Jarvvie

Reaction score
Members Ride
I only got the car within the last 4 months, I would hate to think I have any major issues already...

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Yes the car should be running perfect;y. Sure sounds like an electrical issue but on the other hand out of interest what type of fuel have you been putting in the car?

Jarvvie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 hours after I posted this I went and turned the car on and it was running perfectly fine. I took it up to the holden center and they said they couldnt find anything wrong with it. My guess is that it was just a computer error with the automatic clutch. :w00t: