Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird dash issue.

KiwiHoldenDriver

Loud, proud Kiwi
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Olympic Spec V6, Suzuki Boulevard S40
Hi. I have just bought a VT and am having a weird dash issue. Every time I switch the ignition off the trip computer reset to zero, the overspeed resets to 105 km/h and it displays "Odoerr". What can I do to fix this?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Odometer error, does your speedo still work? could be the cluster gone bad, could be the speed sensor, could be the computer chip memory, could be a bad signal wire, could be a fuse, could be the plug in the back of the cluster, well could be anything to do with the cluster, bad fuel pump sender if the fuel is not showing the correct amount, try a reset remove the battery for 5min. If it doesn't work then its going to be a pain in the butt to track it down you just have to illuminate one thing at a time starting with the cluster.

KiwiHoldenDriver

Loud, proud Kiwi
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Olympic Spec V6, Suzuki Boulevard S40
Yes, the speedo works and matches GPS to within 1km/h so I doubt it is the sensor. The trip meter records the correct distance until it resets when I shut the power down. It isn't the fuel sender either since the remaining fuel distance drop pretty well matches the distance I travel.

I'll try the battery power removal and check the fuses. I'll dig out the wiring diagram and start a bit of tracing.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
check the fuse box under the steering column
particularly fuse 13 7.5A, fuse 21 10A,