Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird electrical problems! Need help

Jimoffy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Thanks guys. Leads are definitely in right places. I have checked everything.. in getting spark so I’m assuming everything coming off the coils are working. I used the paperclip method and it came up with code 49. What would that have to do with just replacing leads and plugs ? I’m so confused.

Jimoffy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Thanks for the help guys. I have been so busy between work and trying to fix this retarded car. I wish I never touched it!! Spark plug holes are all fine.

Jimoffy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
That looks like the Starter Motor is arcing, I would be replacing that, because if you a fuel leak, You will get a Bang For Ya Buck !
1.5 gap is to big, it should be 1mm,
Make sure you have the correct lead on the correct coil, as its easy to mix them up.
I would put the old coils back in, and see if it fires up,
Why did you replace them ? was there an issue before ?
I think you’re right about the starter motor. It does look like it’s coming from almost below the motor when it cranks. Is this the cause of my problems... or something that it’s just always done that I’ve never noticed?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Thanks guys. Leads are definitely in right places. I have checked everything.. in getting spark so I’m assuming everything coming off the coils are working. I used the paperclip method and it came up with code 49. What would that have to do with just replacing leads and plugs ? I’m so confused.

I have it as a -

49 Cam angle or crank angle sensor (signal intermittent)

Did you knock/damage the loom to the CAS's ?

Jimoffy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Thanks guys. I can’t believe it. The new coils don’t work with my car! Everything was hooked up fine as I thought! I’ve done this a few times before with no problems!! Swapped back in old coils, started no problem drives beautifully. They where ngk.. I’m wondering if they where dropped or wet during transit. I know it’s the coil packs cause I tested 2 of the 3 once I got the old ones back in and running, every time I put one new coil in it ran rough. Wtf!!!!!

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys. I can’t believe it. The new coils don’t work with my car! Everything was hooked up fine as I thought! I’ve done this a few times before with no problems!! Swapped back in old coils, started no problem drives beautifully. They where ngk.. I’m wondering if they where dropped or wet during transit. I know it’s the coil packs cause I tested 2 of the 3 once I got the old ones back in and running, every time I put one new coil in it ran rough. Wtf!!!!!

The ones I purchase, with the DFI, that I change in my L67,
were a Delphi Brand [OEM] and worked perfectly.
Maybe the ones you purchase are not compatible with the existing DFI ?
and/or Faulty.

Jimoffy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
N
The ones I purchase, with the DFI, that I change in my L67,
were a Delphi Brand [OEM] and worked perfectly.
Maybe the ones you purchase are not compatible with the existing DFI ?
and/or Faulty.
no idea... they just don’t work lol it’s so strange. I tested them all once I got car running off the old coils and every time I put one in the car choked and stalled.. literally runs beautifully now with the old coils back in. So so weird

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
N

no idea... they just don’t work lol it’s so strange. I tested them all once I got car running off the old coils and every time I put one in the car choked and stalled.. literally runs beautifully now with the old coils back in. So so weird

What Brand are they ?,
so other JC members wont have the same problem,
And were did you purchase them ?

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Take the coil pack back and ask for a refund as the product has a major fault under ACL. As such it is your right under law to choose the remedy (refund being the best) ;)