Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

weird feeling when cornering

crappyVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN exc
i am testing ma car latly and when ever i floor it around corners the back end slides and feels loose( the diff or summin ) , dont know wats up have big sway bars and i am lowered but just feels weird :smoking:

HDTVL

RB30DET VL Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Have you checked your lower arms that are attached to the diff? a mate of mine had the same issue & it took ages to work it out & even though his seemed ok we replaced them with nolathane bushes & to this day he has not had a problem since

crappyVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN exc
sick i will change them than just incase ,

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
Panhard bushes will allow a little waggle from the diff too. But I agree with HDTVL have a squiz at your control arm bushes. IIRC you can buy complete control arms from places like REPCO with the Nolathane bushes already fitted for only a smidge more than the bushes. And the bushes can be a pain, I usually use the hydraulic press at work to change them.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thats the good thing about the nolothane bushes, they come in two seperate parts so you dont need to have them pressed in. The only ones I found that needed to be pressed in were the rear lower control arm bushes,these actually stay in the diff housing when the control arm is removed ,and need to be pressed from/into the diff housing..I just got front inner control arm bushes today, $45 for nolothane brand,I was expecting to have to press them in,but they are in 2 pieces with the crush tube, which is way easier to fit than the original rubber ones are.The pack came with 6 bushes and I thought, thats strange,and the guy at auto one where I got them didnt know why either.I got him to double check in the book that they were the right ones anyway,which they were..When I opened it and read the instructions,apparently the kit suits VR/VS or VT/VZ,and they all use the exact same front inner control arm bushes except for one piece which is different between the two styles of commodore,and you just select the right one for your model.I cant wait to get them in and get a wheel alignment done,get it back to how it was before..Its got nolothane all round now.With FE2 springs and these bushes,I find the ride and handling is excellent compared to how it was with standard height springs and rubber bushes..

crappyVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN exc
thanks guys , will change all of them when i get the chance too ..

DERTY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL TURBO/ VS 5L STATO/ VP BT1 5L
Im having the same problem, iv replaced the top control arms and panhard rod bushes, the only thing left is the bottom arms, so im guessing its that