Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird How Wiper Go Before Water on VF?

cp993

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF SV6 Series ll
Does anyone else find it extermely silly that when you put water on the windshield from, the reservoir the wipers go first then the water sprays? its the only car I've ever had thats done it, Risks scratching the window wth dirt before adding water.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ great design if you’re into selling windscreens... for the rest of us, yes, it is a bad design, simply stupid even :rolleyes:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Same as VE.....annoying.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
VE used to spray under the wiper didn't it. I always thought the VE had a delay when the wipers came on when you pumped water first. In the VF, It does spray water straight away but a lot of the cars have the water tubes empty when it's first primed. One of my cars actually sprays straight away to avoid windscreen wiping without water.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
VE used to spray under the wiper didn't it. I always thought the VE had a delay when the wipers came on when you pumped water first. In the VF, It does spray water straight away but a lot of the cars have the water tubes empty when it's first primed. One of my cars actually sprays straight away to avoid windscreen wiping without water.

Yes, VE sprays below the wiper so the leading edge of the wiper is rubbing across dry screen on the first pass.

I much prefer the older method of the spray nozzles being remote from the wipers so the screen gets wet in front of the wipers leading edge.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yes it seems counter intuitive to say the least. Maybe there's a way of factoring in say a 2 second delay on the wipers starting after pulling back on the the stalk?
@stooge or other techno savvy people?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Maybe there's a way of factoring in say a 2 second delay on the wipers starting after pulling back on the the stalk?

How would that get water in front of the leading edge of the blade ?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
How would that get water in front of the leading edge of the blade ?
VF sprays onto the glass from the cowling under the bonnet. Not from the wiper arm like the VE.

Last edited: