Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

weird loud beeping noise.....

dezzavy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy acclaim
ok ive done a few basic stereo/amp installs over the years, nothing over the top but enough to see me through. ive recently installed a four channel amp, 6x9s, 6.5splits and a new head deck all sony items. all was fine til one day an ear splitting eighties computer game style beeping started coming from speakers as soon as head deck is turned on. what the hell is that all about? ive checked and rechecked everything. doing my head in! all components are brand new except hu. please help i just want my tunes back!!!

dezzavy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy acclaim
right then. would it help if i said it was a pulsing noise that changes in pitch when components are unplugged from amp? seriously no-one?

Aarony92

Aaron
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
lol thats weird dude, could possibly be the internal circuitry inside the amp may have something short circuiting the board creating funky tones? maybe it was a doddgy amp and something came off as it bumped around with the car over time. or maybe some sort of protection mode indication from it being over loaded? those are my guesses haha, good luck with that one.

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
unplug all the rca's and turn the car to acc.

does it still beep?

try running a... rca - 3.5mm jack lead and run some music off an ipod/similar
does it still make the noise?

if it does than its the amp for sure.
and just bring it back to the shop and get a new one since its new products.

dezzavy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy acclaim
thanx for the help fellas! aazn mad idea! why didnt i think of running ipod straight to amp.... well i did and it worked sweet as! scared sh*t outta me! ok so head deck works, (i plugged factory speakers back in to test) amp works. together we got problems. remote/signal wire then? ill keep pluggin away at it

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
so amp works on its own with the speakers..
does the headunit work on its own?

i got a feeling its the headunit or the RCA's

dezzavy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy acclaim
mate i tried head unit with stock speaker configuration all good. could it b picking up interference something? bcm? its a real head scratcher...

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Could be it's over temp alarm?

dezzavy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy acclaim
fellas i got the sh**s and bought a new hu. all sweet. i guess it was an rca out issue. bought another aerpro loom as i butchered the last one and now i find red and yellow cables are back to front! there is no remote wire for amp on loom so i ran it off red (accs) and couldnt figure out why amp stayed on permanently! a quick scan thru forum and yup they are back to front.... now to tune it and happy days!!!