Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird noises when driving the car on the first bit

Michael Al

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve Commodore sv6 sidi 2 3.6L LFX
Hey guys, how's it going? First of all, I wanna thank everyone who is part of this community as you guys been my guidance and first line to check when looking for mods or a fix for some of the issues in my car, so THANKs.

Today I got an issue with some weird "Pump" or "something" noises that I hear when I just started driving the car and only for the first bit, like the first 5-15 seconds. It doesn't come if the car was driving already for some time, so it only comes if I left it for sometime and came back to drive it. I took it to Holden service centre and a few mechanics and they said they couldn't hear it, maybe cause I actually drove it hahaha. I uploaded a video showing the noises I hear and hopefully, it's good enough for someone to notice it and tell me if it's normal or there is something wrong I need to fix. link to the uploaded video (https://bit.ly/2x8lFAB)

Thanks again,

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I'd suggest it is the ABS self test / check.

Michael Al

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve Commodore sv6 sidi 2 3.6L LFX
I'd suggest it is the ABS self test / check.
So, is it a normal noise sound? because I didn't start paying attention to it till lately.