Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird problem, not sure if normal

bennyboy91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hey guys im new to this so sorry if its been done before, i havnt found anything though.

I have this problem at over 70km/hr.... If i take my foot off the accelerator the instant fuel reading says 0.00 and the revs drop but doesnt stall!!! and then if i put my foot back on it goes to normal.. it only does it over 70km/hr and when it does this sometimes the instant fuel reading says "2.(something)" and then go to 0.00 and back and forth those.. not sure if that made sense lol... im not sure if this is a normal fuel saving feature or not..

i have a 1998 Berlina auto.

thanks.

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
Thats normal. Its a fuel efficiancy measure. My Vy ecotec does it as well. Will only work when there is no acceleration at all.

bennyboy91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thats normal. Its a fuel efficiancy measure. My Vy ecotec does it as well. Will only work when there is no acceleration at all.

decel fuel cut.

if the speed is over a certain amount, and the revs are over a certain amount, and throttle closed, the injectors are turned off.

sweet thanks heaps guys!! was just making sure its normal lol =)

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Executive 3.8L
yer, it turns off the injectors, the reason it doesn't stall is because the ground is driving the engine, so it turns them off and basically rolls