Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird problem......

VQXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP Senator, VY SS Crewman
Hey all, I have a really weird problem with my vent controls.......when I sit stationary all works well.......but when I take off and the rpm reaches just over 2,500 then the vent changes direction from face to floor ..... but when i change gears it then goes back to the face and so on and so on......

Any ideas..... cheers???

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Ohhh dear....thats weird all right. I'm guessing a wire is wrong somewhere. Or loose connection and the little jerk you get when you change gears is making something move. There the only things I can think of.....

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
theres a complicated vacuum system for the heating and air cond, using rubber tubes and a vacuum tank under the front bumper, maybe something is wrong with it
its easy to accidentally pull these hoses off when probing under the dash

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
theres a complicated vacuum system for the heating and air cond, using rubber tubes and a vacuum tank under the front bumper, maybe something is wrong with it
its easy to accidentally pull these hoses off when probing under the dash

dead on. it'll be vacum related, considering your vents are almost solely controlled by the vacum created by your runing motor. check for sucking noises.
if in doubt, have a mate look around the engine bay and at the vacum ball under your bumper on the driver's side while you bring the rev's up and down.

good luck.